Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FL Limited 08 - What if?

As to Jay's comment, maybe BEER, guns and golfcarts aren't safe, but a "tailgunner" style stage has been done safely before.

I've had the great pleasure of shooting several! They can be slow and a potential bottleneck which requires

good design and proper planning -- like any other match.

The best was on a 100 yard range used for the North American Championship. (We shot it the following year

at the Sharon Gun Club near Toronto, Canada.) Lots of reloads. Everyone who shot it had fun.

You were in the back of a pick up with side panels which limited your view. 2 ROs and the on deck shooter.

The truck was facing up range and there were banks of targets which were all disappearing as the truck followed

a serpentine path. Time started when the truck moved and stopped when it came to rest. Fixed time. The truck

had the throttle set high and a block was tied to the pedal as a governor.

Safety is always our principle concern and this can be done safely.

Joel

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOPIC RE-CENTERING

Here's what has evolved in my little mind so far in an effort to please all the people, and still keep the spirit of what I first had in mind.

Florida Limited, November 08.

$200 entry. BIG PRIZE TABLE

10+ stages. Shoot in one day. RO’s Friday. 100 shooters Saturday, 50 Sunday.

150 total paid slots + RO’s. Approx 175 shooters total. Every effort made to get 17+ guns and a trip to prize table for every shooter.

RO’s shoot free, and get trip to prize table. RO’s get minimum 2 guns, and 1st “non-gun” trip to prize table.

PRIZE TABLE ORDER:

2 guns for RO’s (guns and winner’s chosen by random drawing)

10 guns by raw order of finish. Winner gets choice in order.

Remaining guns awarded by random drawing.

Draw for 1st “non-gun” trip to prize table (RO’s only)

Draw for 2nd “non-gun” trip to prize (all shooters)

Remaining prizes by order of finish.

Side Match Prizes and order to be determined.

Special Prize for Top Minor

Special Prize for Top Single Stack

Special Prize for Special Catagories (Lady, Senior, Junior, LEO)

Plaque or trophy for classes.

Special Prize for Top 3 Teams

TEAM DETAILS:

“Handicapped” Teams made up of three shooters totaling no more than 11 “points”

GM=6, M=5, A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1. Unclassified shooters cannot participate in team competitions . Either get classified, or you may shoot as the highest classification you posses.

Additionally, each team must have one each; major, minor and single stack (10 rounds max). First 10 teams get $100 off entry fee ($500 per team) :goof:

****Need 100 paid shooters by April 30 or no go.****

Comments?

Some of it, like team point totals are still up for discussion. IF I'm going to do a prize table it will be something pretty close to this. I WILL take care of the RO's with min 2 guns, and first prize dippage. I'm hoping to have some sort of gift for RO's too, maybe all shooters, light knife, etc etc.

Edited by dirtypool40

there's shooter #2, Z is #1. :cheers:

I'm going to try to keep RO's local if I can get enough, to keep expenses to a minimum, more $$ for the prizes that way. :goof: But you're 1st in line if I can't fill up with locals.

Edited by dirtypool40

Smitty will have to keep Schoonie an A for now and find himself a D.

Keep schoonie??? Are you trying to handicap Shannon? :P I'm U Limited... I'll have to earn my D card so I can shoot with Smitty. :)

Edited by Sharyn

Keep schoonie??? Are you trying to handicap Shannon? :P I'm U Limited... I'll have to earn my D card so I can shoot with Smitty. :)

Well isn't Jim still sandbagging in A Class? If he is it could be Smitty, Jim and you, if you can come in under the D class wire....SANDBAGGER!!!

Well isn't Jim still sandbagging in A Class? If he is it could be Smitty, Jim and you, if you can come in under the D class wire....SANDBAGGER!!!

Sharyn is NO D!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Jim is sandbagging in A class forever... :ph34r:

...Texas has a "Limited Only" match, don't they?

I'm late to the party, and this probably makes no difference to the match offering being discussed here...

But, yeah, Texas does have a Texas State Limited match, but the only "Limit" is that there is no Open division at the match. Hmmm.

Well, to add to the naming confusion...after a 3 year absence, there's a Texas Open match back on the horizon for 2008.

It's "open" to ALL divisions. 2008 TX Open

I'm a D, and poor Smitty has RO'ed me a few times cringing and coaching when needed. If you put it off too long, I'll be a "C" and ineligible for the D slot.

Sandbagging is for , well, I'm not gonna post it here. I equate it with thievery :ph34r: I shoot to to the best of my ability every time I step up to the line. If only everyone did, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

DP, give me an address to send $$ to, man, I'm ready for a long weekend filled with frequent pistol fire whenever you are :goof:

I like theme stages / matches. We did that with the FL SS 00, all horror movies, (Who remembers "Army of Darkness" and shooting through the cobwebs at the zombies, and blasting out the back of the coffin in the last position?). I know PaulW remembers the "book". :rolleyes:

You just have to stir the f-ing pot don't you. :P

You can put Chris and I down as your first 2 R.O.'s

...how about a Speed Shooters Specialty team? S&W M&P 40, M&P 9 and a Smith single stack?

A Smith single stack? Who owns one of them? Oh, me.....am I going to get stuck in a Limited match with 8 round mags??

Eric, will the SS rules be the USPSA version or will my S&W 945 be ok?

Since sandbaggers are to be discouraged - no Limited 10.

WOW....only L-10 has sandbaggers? Now that's a handy piece of information to have.

WOW....only L-10 has sandbaggers? Now that's a handy piece of information to have.

Dude, you know I'm on double, secret probation and you offer up a T-ball like that? I ain't gonna do it....

Rules are just a ROUGH draft in my head at the moment, but I think it would be USPSA SS rules, only letting them load to 10. But who knows?

Dude, you know I'm on double, secret probation and you offer up a T-ball like that? I ain't gonna do it....

Rules are just a ROUGH draft in my head at the moment, but I think it would be USPSA SS rules, only letting them load to 10. But who knows?

10 :surprise:

What loads 10????

10 shots is NOT SS!!!!