Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GentlemanJim Vs. ZH

zhunter

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT a MATCH :surprise:

We had such a blast..Jay and I and the entire supper squad, The shooting ..the joking around...Trust me....we were a ZOO

It would be hard to imagine how much ADVIL was consumed by us older folks on the supper squad

On the first day first two stages...I crashed and burned HARD...Two stages were right next to each other...And I passed over two poppers ...and engaged a target on the WRONG stage :surprise: ....You should have seen the look on Jays face

Well those two stages earned me a nice ZERO...and a cool 22% :mellow: followed by two poses with THE CHICKEN :lol:

At that point I knew I was in trouble :mellow: and had to rely on my basic skills to get me through...at which point I put the rubber rattlesnake in Jays bag :devil: ....Thats also when I found out that Jay can actually jump 6 feet ....straight up :surprise:

Man I have to tell you ...after seeing how well Jay could jump and run :surprise: ....I was actually thinking I might have to resort to dirty tricks

I DID mention that old age and trechery thing didnt I????

All joking aside....I had a wonderfull time!....Jay was very gracious in victory and in loss!

we seem to be pretty well matched...I only won by pure chance...but I alone hold the title for the two WORST stages..back to back

Well...Jay has challenged me to a rematch :D so we will meet again at the Double tap :cheers:

Thank you Jay for a great match and lots of fun!!

Jim

I am skipping the Florida State Match for vengence!!!!

:angry2: WTF?!! You already went west, now make Jim come to Florida!! Jim, you just robbed me of my time to whoop on Z!! :angry2:

:D Just jokin' :D

Good job Jim! I knew going to Rio was going to affect Jay a lot and always bet on you. A rubber snake?? :lol: Man, am I sorry I missed that one!

Since Jay is bailing on the shootout with Nemo again, I guess I'll have to also bet on Jim at DT!!

Off to the airport...

WOW,

What a match ! It was great to be on the sidelines watching the ZHunter (ZMike) VS. Gentleman Jim (crash & Burn) battle rage on.

The Chicken, The snake, it was a blast. I have known Jim for a while and Jay was a pleasure to squad and shoot with.

Lady in Blue did a great job helping her man out, she jumped in and took Jay out on a few stages just to add insult to injury.

We have lots of video of the match. Cannot upload on dial up connection. Will make copies soon and get them to someone who can upload. videoed the whole squad except two stages, one you could not see anything anyway and the battery went out on the last standards type stage.

Our whole squad was full of great shooters and worked hard to reset and tape, we were ahead of schedule both days. Our squad included a 4th, 7th,12th,14th,25th,31st,33rd,61st,68th and more in placement on the match.

Jay, The chicken should be mailed to you and you should have to haul it the doubletap with you.

The next showdown will be of the Comeback Kid (Zhunter, Zmike).

I am still beting on the LadyInBlue

GJ's plan may yet backfire....

miranda

Thanks for the vote of confidence Miranda...

I had a great time watching the "boys" mess with eachother all weekend...we had a ton of laughs!

I only beat Jim in the 2 stages that he totally messed up and I beat Jay in 4 stages where he messed up.

I had a couple of really bad stages myself...that Texas Star kicked my butt!

I learned something important though..I can see the dot on my open gun but I'm gonna need glasses to see the sights on a single stack.

Getting old ain't for whimps! :)

When Jay gets home he has some great pics to post!

I cant wait to shoot with him again...but next time I will practice a little before going!!!

Dumb luck can only get you so far <_<

Maybe Nemo could sneek over and shoot with us old folks at the next supper squad show down :rolleyes:

It seems like Jay was the skinny frog :closedeyes: ...cause he was a kickin my butt big time...right up to the point when the train hit him :blink:

Jim :D

Edited by GentlemanJim

This thread has been a boat load of fun to read.

lets see if I have this straight

when the UnderMoose and the UnderFrog do battle,

the loser won't starve because he gets the rubber chicken?

yall need to re-evaluate that....

Ms. Blue,

I am glad you got out if front for a while.

Perhaps you can keep GJ at the reloading press with all your practice.

that way you beat them both....

I look forward to the Video.

any chance the Zhunter snake-jump was captured?

miranda

Miranda

You know you COULD come down and play with us at double tap :cheers:

And if you can get ahead of us ....be SURE to check your range bag....VERY carefully :rolleyes:

Jim :devil:

I am the live version of that rubber chicken.

and I'll have to work up my nerve to take my

carefully learned pistol skills out to a match.

(soda cans and rabbits were safe from me and my Cousin's 22 rifle)

Between cold feet and a car that senses spare money,

the last two planed outings foundered.

My Kart racing has eaten the rest of the spare weekends.

Also I live in Maryland and I avoid flying. (flying means the brakes won't work....)

the dog ate my home work too!

I am saving for another car....

then a 45...

miranda

Well...Jay has challenged me to a rematch :D so we will meet again at the Double tap :cheers:

Yeah, now the BIG question....what Division are you guys going to shoot at the Double Tap?

To be fair I think you'd both have to shoot SS since I don't think Jay has an Open gun and I don't think you have a Limited gun right???

where are my manners?

GJ,

thanks for the invite!

you are most kind.

I can promise to work on removing my excuses.

ummm fair warning, I am a city boy mostly and I have no built in fear of snakes.

automobiles are my day to day worry.

miranda

Bart

I called Jay out the first time....and I shot HIS game...single Stack.

And I would like to shoot MY game...open

But if Jay can come to the double tap :cheers: I will forego open and shoot Single stack again :unsure:

You know SS is where I started all those years ago...and my OLD gun still feels pretty good in my hands!

And the poor old girl sat faithfully in the back corner of the safe for about 18 years :(

I think I can take her out for another spin :)

Jim

Jim,

That is very honorable of you to stay within ZHunter's playing field. :devil:

I know how much you wanted to get back to open shooting.

You picked up SS in a month and was out in front of the hotel calling him out at dawn the first morning of the match. ( I was actually trying to load my gear, warm up the truck, and hope nobody was watching Jim calling out his name) ZZZZZZZHUNTERRRRR !

Maybe he should show up in Whichita in open class. <_<

AHH, what the hell. bring on the smell of the old leather and the classic look of John Brownings best design.

SS it may be.

Catfish,

Wait a minute here, I was refering to Jim and Z. I had enough of that skinny mag stuff at the WSSSC this weekend.

I am going for my first open run at the DoubleTap this year, and again in Houston at the SCC08.

I did police up the shooters around here and got you two more SS shooters to beat up on, I mean compete against. :rolleyes:

OK, I have a few more photos to share :D

Here is the fashion statement of the WSSS!! Not sure of his name, but he was on the squad ahead of us. Gotta love the socks!! Made me feel at home, as the northern tourists in South Florida sport this look on a regular basis :surprise:

DSC00036-1.jpg

Then this is Peter Quan, who was unlucky enough to be on the supper squad with the us "F"-ups :D

Peter is a GREAT shooter and was a pleasure to shoot with. But he, like myself did not like the cold weather on Saturday morning, so Sunday he shows up with hand warmers. Look at this photo closely, as Peter strapped them to his grips, apparently he did not like drawing a COLD gun!!! VERY ingenious in my mind. Well done Peter!!

DSC00038.jpg

Here is the Supper Squad with spouses. I will say, a wonderful group, thanks for allowing me to be a part!

DSC00040-1.jpg

And last but not least, the Supper Squad in our full glory

DSC00033.jpg

Edited by zhunter

OK, I have a few more photos to share :D

Here is the fashion statement of the WSSS!! Not sure of his name, but he was on the squad ahead of us. Gotta love the socks!! Made me feel at home, as the northern tourists in South Florida sport this look on a regular basis :surprise:

DSC00036-1.jpg

Then this is Peter Quan, who was unlucky enough to be on the supper squad with the us "F"-ups :D

Peter is a GREAT shooter and was a pleasure to shoot with. But he, like myself did not like the cold weather on Saturday morning, so Sunday he shows up with hand warmers. Look at this photo closely, as Peter strapped them to his grips, apparently he did not like drawing a COLD gun!!! VERY ingenious in my mind. Well done Peter!!

DSC00038.jpg

Here is the Supper Squad with spouses. I will say, a wonderful group, thanks for allowing me to be a part!

DSC00040-1.jpg

And last but not least, the Supper Squad in our full glory

DSC00033.jpg

Nice photos...I assume that is Jim in the cowboy hat....???

Edited by tightloop

What we have failed to mention...Brian Enos came out to see his supper squad step children

It was a pleasure to see him and visit for a while....THANKS BRIAN!! :cheers:

Dawn ...just what will this day bring?

th_PICT0104.jpg

Brian and I

th_PICT0118.jpg

Jay and his rattlesnake neck warmer...giggle

th_PICT0150.jpg

Jay and I after the match joking around with the snake

th_PICT0152.jpg

What a blast!!! cant wait to do it again :cheers:

Jim

DSC00040-1.jpg

From left to right:

Peter Quan, Sharon & Don Bednorz, Glen Shelby, Craig Underdown, Chris Bartolo aka G-Man Bart, Jared Milinazzo (front left kneeling) Rod & Cheryl Current aka ccur, Jay Townsend aka Zhunter(kneeling front right) Nanci aka LadyinBlue & Jim Lambert aka Gentlemanjim, Dave Mertes, Don Rasmussen, missing is Damon Stanforth aka nm3gnr

Edited by zhunter