Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New upgrades !

TMFAKBFS

Hi Henning and others,

Somewhere in a post i read that you are working on new things for the EAA's. Also i read that you are open for suggestions from your customers. So that's why i opened this topic. And because i couldn't find the post anymore :blush:

On your site there are already many things that we can order to upgrade our guns. Thanks for that !

My suggestion for a new product that i would really like :

Longer Fiber Optic front sight. I had a look at mine and maybe there is a way to extend the frontsight so you can put a longer fiber in it. Also one with a smaller diameter fiber would be nice. My thoughts where that if you extend the front sight a little bit over the space it sits in, then you can first screw it down, and then place the fiber.

Maybe some others also have things in there head that they would like to have. And maybe in the end will be a bestseller ;)

post-11998-1192638030.jpg

post-11998-1192638041.jpg

Edited by TMFAKBFS

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing about the Fibre Optic sight. Longer would be better, and in just the same way with the screw under the rod.

Since I suck at using a lighter to put my FO rod in, I use superglue as told to on here, this results in a smaller area to look at on the sight, no big mushed out glob. In essence my .60 rod looks like a .40 that's been heated up and mushroomed to stay in place.

as mentioned before, straighter triggers for the Stock II and the bigger safeties too (for the Stock II of course). Also more spring availability would be nice. so we can play with hammer springs.

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing about the Fibre Optic sight. Longer would be better, and in just the same way with the screw under the rod.

Since I suck at using a lighter to put my FO rod in, I use superglue as told to on here, this results in a smaller area to look at on the sight, no big mushed out glob. In essence my .60 rod looks like a .40 that's been heated up and mushroomed to stay in place.

as mentioned before, straighter triggers for the Stock II and the bigger safeties too (for the Stock II of course). Also more spring availability would be nice. so we can play with hammer springs.

You've seen that Henning sells different hammer springs ???

Wolff 13lb Reduced Power Hammer Spring

Price: $6.95

Wolff 14lb Reduced Power Hammer Spring

Wolff 15lb Reduced Power Hammer Spring

Or do you mean different springs ???

A better front sight is definitely been in a planning stage for awhile. Bob Londrigan's MicroDot sight for 1911 is one of my absolute favorites and Bob and I've talked about making one similar to it for the EAA front dovetails. Give Bob a few more months to work it out and we'll probably have one. If not other FOS sights will probably show up early next year. I'm determined to make a good and small front fiber sight.

Henning might sell lots of different hammer springs, but none of them are Tanfoglio. Production Division in IPSC, means we have to use stock factory springs. All it would take is for Tanfoglio to repackage lighter weight Wolff springs and we'd be set.

Good news on the front sight!

• 3 months later...
I would like to see a flat trigger like this one.

http://www.sphinxarms.com/downloads/Docume...%20Standard.pdf

World Class used to make straight triggers similar to those; I had one in my old P-9 and loved it. Since I couldn't find anything like that for the newer Tanfo's with the larger frames I took the liberty of straightening a stock trigger by grinding off and reshaping everything I could while preserving it's length. It's definitely straighter, but not totally straight. Feels pretty good though. At some point I'm going to grab a spare so I can afford to be a little more aggressive and try some heat on it.

Anyway, here's what it looks like. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/rel...os/100_0393.jpg

I think we definitely need a straight trigger for these guns. I also had something similar on my P9 and loved it. There is one down-side to a straight trigger and that is making it work for any sized hands.

My suggestion is a variable trigger, the base (where the pivot points are) is standard, but by adding an offset dovetail connected to a totally straight trigger would allow the trigger part to be slid out and rotated 180 degrees to have a shorter or longer reach.

Just a rough draft of how it might look. It should be easy enough to machine (in CNC) once the measurements are done. Just need to find someone who could make it.

Brit_trigger.pdf

I think we definitely need a straight trigger for these guns. I also had something similar on my P9 and loved it. There is one down-side to a straight trigger and that is making it work for any sized hands.

My suggestion is a variable trigger, the base (where the pivot points are) is standard, but by adding an offset dovetail connected to a totally straight trigger would allow the trigger part to be slid out and rotated 180 degrees to have a shorter or longer reach.

Just a rough draft of how it might look. It should be easy enough to machine (in CNC) once the measurements are done. Just need to find someone who could make it.

Brit_trigger.pdf

Interesting idea. I like it. You could have different inserts as well with different amounts of offset, just like SV triggers......

I suppose I should mention though that it is possible to shorten the trigger reach by quite a bit with these triggers. It's done internally; I've done it on both of my guns and they are now the correct reach for my hands. I have small mitts too, so they probably wouldn't have to go much shorter for most people.

Interesting idea. I like it. You could have different inserts as well with different amounts of offset, just like SV triggers......

I suppose I should mention though that it is possible to shorten the trigger reach by quite a bit with these triggers. It's done internally; I've done it on both of my guns and they are now the correct reach for my hands. I have small mitts too, so they probably wouldn't have to go much shorter for most people.

Are you saying that I can do something internally to my Limited Witness to shorten the trigger reach???????????????

If so, please do tell.

Yes. The contact surface on the sear which is engaged by the small notch on the back of the trigger stirrup can be dressed back, as well as the notch itself. Go slowly and test often, as it is possible to go too far. A little goes a long way with this.

Edited by R.Elliott