Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matches in Fredericksberg/Richmond area

tgibson

I am working at Fort AP Hill in Bowling Green, VA and am trying to find a match. Can anyone give me some information? I don't care if it is USPSA or IDPA. I just wan't to shoot! I havent been to a match in over a month! I am getting the shakes and a twitchy finger! :wacko: Thanks in advance.

TG

TG,

How long will you be in the area?

Fredericksburg shoots on the 1st Sunday so they will not have a match until Nov 4.

You might want to contact Terry as Blackwater will be having a match on Sun the 21st. You need to get on the list to get on the facility. Terry's email is bz2011 at cox dot net.

I am not sure if there is anything going on in the Richmond area this weekend. Jim Taylor here on the forums would know if there are any IDPA matches.

Alan

Edited by Alan Meek

For IDPA,

This Saturday is Rivanna at Charlottesville. www.rrpc.org

The following sunday is at Ashland at Cavalier. www.cavrpc.org

Wednesday the 24th is IDPA in Stafford www.indoorrange.com

Thats about it for that neck of the woods.

If you find yourself in Richmond slide over to Dominion Shooting Range on monday nights. Its not really IDPA but is based off of it. We have a lot of new shooters who are not comfortable to go to a club match and just want to see what its about. We also have a bunch of the IDPA regulars you will see at every club match there. Its mostly like league bowling (minus the beer frame) the IDPA regulars giving each other a hard time and helping the new people understand and grow the sport. The only draw back is you must purchace the ammo there but you will shoot less than a box in the 2 stages.

TG,

Fredericksburg shoots on the 1st Sunday so they will not have a match until Nov 4.

You might want to contact Terry as Blackwater will be having a match on Sun the 21st. You need to get on the list to get on the facility. Terry's email is bz2011 at cox dot net.

I am not sure if there is anything going on in the Richmond area this weekend. Jim Taylor here on the forums would know if there are any IDPA matches.

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the information. I am actually going back to ID for a week and will be able to get a couple of matches in there. I am back on the 23rd and if I am still in town on the fourth, I will definately make it over. I could use at least one more good match to get ready for A2! Thanks again for the info.

TG

For IDPA,

This Saturday is Rivanna at Charlottesville. www.rrpc.org

The following sunday is at Ashland at Cavalier. www.cavrpc.org

Wednesday the 24th is IDPA in Stafford www.indoorrange.com

Thats about it for that neck of the woods.

Ed,

I will try and make it to either the Ashland match or the Stafford match. Thanks a bunch.

TG

If you find yourself in Richmond slide over to Dominion Shooting Range on monday nights. Its not really IDPA but is based off of it. We have a lot of new shooters who are not comfortable to go to a club match and just want to see what its about. We also have a bunch of the IDPA regulars you will see at every club match there. Its mostly like league bowling (minus the beer frame) the IDPA regulars giving each other a hard time and helping the new people understand and grow the sport. The only draw back is you must purchace the ammo there but you will shoot less than a box in the 2 stages.

We are not too far from Richmond and that sounds like it would be a great time. I don't have any problem buying my ammo there. I brought about 500 rounds with me, but hopefully, they will be gone shortly!

TG

TG,

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the information. I am actually going back to ID for a week and will be able to get a couple of matches in there. I am back on the 23rd and if I am still in town on the fourth, I will definately make it over. I could use at least one more good match to get ready for A2! Thanks again for the info.

TG

If your looking for 1 more good match before Area2 Fredericksburg would be it :goof: It's a hot match! Gotta be quick to sign up, as they can only take the 1st 100 shooters

An IDPA match that I think nearly rivals Fredericksburg's USPSA is Black Creeks in Hanover Va (just outside Richmond). It's usually 12 stages with 120 rds. or so. This would be Jim Taylor's/Anton Kothe's match that Mr. Meek spoke of. It is the second Sat. of the month (weekend after Fred.)

Hope to see you at the matches

As Alan Meek and Bill Duncan said, we have a regular monthly IDPA at Black Creek near Mechanicsville. We typically run 12 stages, 120-150 rounds on the second Saturday of each month.

The match is very challenging and pretty much the equivalent of a state or regional level match each month. Join the VAIDPA Group on Yahoo! and take a look at some of our past Courses of Fire. We publish the COF about a week in advance and scores are posted the evening of the match.

We have a number of USPSA crossover shooters and quite a few Master level IDPA shooters (8 last month, if I recall correctly). Our SOs are great and we require all our shooters to have a great time!!!!!!!

In November, we will have an embedded BUG (back-up gun) match for those who like such non-sense. That is to say, we will shoot 12 stages as usual, and the BUG fanatics will shoot 3 stages in addition.

Feel free to contact Anton Kothe or me for more information.

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

Assistant Match Director

Black Creek Shooters Association IDPA