Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Single Stack from STI

Fireant

I do have to say I love the look of the “Sabertooth” cocking serrations, and it is available in .40 (which will be my next Single Stack purchase). I only have a Spartan and it only comes in .45. A minor oversight considering the $600 price tag. So I am keeping my eye on the Trojan until I can come up with the cash.

But you could almost buy 2 Trojans for the price of the USPSA model. You can CERTAINLY pick up a Trojan in your favorite caliber .... put as many bells & whistles as you can think of on it, and send it off to be hard chromed if you so desired ...... all for less than the USPSA model.

But you have that COOL factor with the other ........ B)

Thanks Chris,

I always seem to over things like that. The cool factor is nice, but I'd like some money left over also. I have a Trojan in .40 and I think it needs a sister in .45 since I don't own a SS 45 and have been told everyone should have at least one.

If you are going to spend that much on a single stack, consider adding a few hundred more dollars and getting a top quality single stack from Nighthawk Custom or Wilson Combat. With the number of re-occuring issues displayed in the forums about issues with STI single stacks, why not spend a little more and get a top of the line pistol instead?

:cheers:

Fireant,

The STI USPSA single stack is the same as their Sentinel model, except for the cocking serrations and the engraving. The donation to the junior program behind the purchase of USPSA model is noble purpose, but you could donate to the program by other means, get the same gun and save some $$ in the process.

B)

Thanks Nemo.

SSW,

Thanks and if all the money were coming from my pocket I might consider that. A large chunk of the money is coming from the STI contengency program, so I'm dancing with the one that brought me. I want something to play SS and CDP with so that's why I'm going with a 45.

For what its worth, keep in mind that another reason the USPSA single stack (and the Lawman / Sentinal / Legacy) is more expensive is because it is built on STIs forged frame, whereas the Trojan is built on the cast frame. --Which may mean nothing--

Thanks Nemo.

SSW,

Thanks and if all the money were coming from my pocket I might consider that. A large chunk of the money is coming from the STI contengency program, so I'm dancing with the one that brought me. I want something to play SS and CDP with so that's why I'm going with a 45.

Fireant,

I bought a Trojan 45 from Dawson and had him do his magic to it with his enhancement package and I love. Had Ed Brown ambi wide safeties installed and SVI magwell. Here is some pic. Soon it will be sent for hard chroming.

post-4885-1192027123.jpg

post-4885-1192027133.jpg