Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Fisrt STI

PHolsted

Well I went by this after noon and picked it up. A good friend had this and I would be very surprised if it has had over 500 rounds fired from it.

I think I got it for a fair price and am very happy. Now just to get to the range and see if I can drive it as good as my XD's.

stieagle_l.jpg

stieagle_r.jpg

stieagle_all.jpg

:D

Edited by PHolsted

Congrats! Nice "snag"-What did you end up paying for it? Looks to be in great shape. :cheers: I may be getting a good deal on a single stack today, not an STI but I can make do for a "like new" Taurus for $350...until I can upgrade later!

The dark side beckons, Patrick!! :ph34r:

For to lead down the path of the dark side is to lead down the path of destruction. Well if you listen to master yoda. :D

Not ready to take that leap into limited just yet this one is in 9mm, I'm still playing in the waters of production for now...... but I am getting closer and closer to fading to dark side....

The main reason for this toy was to see 1: if I can run a machine like this. I have never been real good at shooting wide bodies but this does feel good in the hands. 2:When I am ready for limited I want both this and the limited gun set up the same so I can switch between guns with no noticeable differance.

Right now I am shooting an XD 9mm 4" and an XD 45 4" and it has been great. I run most of my practice and live fire drills with the 9 and then switch to the 45 for matches. In production the 45 is just perfect. I'm running a 230 rn with 4.0 gr of bullseye that feels just like shooting and air soft or something and the extra large opening in the bottom just really sucks in the mags. The only drawback is the whole ten rounds thing. So as Derick has stated looks like the dark side will prevail it is only a matter of time.

:closedeyes:

Where will it all end my young padawan!? :P

padawan? you going to make come down to Dallas and give you Texas boys a lesson in the Force...... :goof:

Well I got a chance to take it to the range and give it a few runs.... Man is this thing different... This wide body is going to take some getting used to. But it ran like a dream and had no problems. :D

I just got my first STI yesterday used with only aprox. 200 rds. through it. I am a Glock shooter and to purchase this pistol made me more nerveous than I want to explain. I got the Eagle 5.0 stock, just like a true shooter I quess, the first thing I did is to put on a Ice Mag and a over size mag. release. I will add more later, be safe and watch your 6.

I just got my first STI yesterday used with only aprox. 200 rds. through it. I am a Glock shooter and to purchase this pistol made me more nerveous than I want to explain. I got the Eagle 5.0 stock, just like a true shooter I quess, the first thing I did is to put on a Ice Mag and a over size mag. release. I will add more later, be safe and watch your 6.

So how do you like the Ice? I guess I need to get one on the way!

The ice magwell is a beautiful thing. Worth every penny. You won't be sorry!!!!

I like the Ice real well, I had it on my Glock 35 and it is so nice to see that great big hole to throw your mag. into. :cheers: