Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Summer Blast

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you get a "member" nametag? Thanks.

Jack,

Go here. It's a word document found in a thread at the top of the Match announcements forum as a sticky for name tags.

Just edit it to suit. I laminated the one I made and put it in a fishing license holder to clip on my cap.

Alright gang...I think we have the shirt for the 2008 Summer Blast ironed out. Take a look at tell me what you think. I spoke to Joe at Techwear USA and he said the light colored shirt would be the absolute best to put this on, but you guys can deal with him on the shirts. Remember they have t-shirts now!

2008_Chicken_in_color.pdf

Alright gang...I think we have the shirt for the 2008 Summer Blast ironed out. Take a look at tell me what you think. I spoke to Joe at Techwear USA and he said the light colored shirt would be the absolute best to put this on, but you guys can deal with him on the shirts. Remember they have t-shirts now!

Larry:

Great job on the shirt designs.

Mike

Linda/Larry

Did you get my app?

Doug

Hi Doug,

I send confirmations within 48 hours of getting your application & check. Always. Your confirmation letter was sent 2-12-08. A second copy was sent February 23rd, in response to your questions:

Hi Doug,

A copy of the confirmation letter I sent by email on February 12 follows

your message. I did not get a message from my internet service provider

that it was not delivered. I suspect it ended up in a spam or junk folder.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

----- Original Message -----

To: <lchico@msn.com>

Sent: Saturday,
February 23, 2008
9:06 AM

Subject: Summer Blast

> Linda,

>

> Have you received my application?

>

> Thanks,

> Doug Sestock

> TY43097

=============================

----- Original Message -----

To: Doug Sestock

Sent: Tuesday,
February 12, 2008
4:53 PM

Subject: 2008 Summer Blast (Sun AM)

I have received your application & fees. You are pre-registered for the

2008 Summer Blast Match.

<content snipped>

Please add me to your 'contact list,' 'safe list,' 'buddy list,' or whatever your email service provider calls the list of folks you want to get email messages from. Otherwise, everything I send you will end up where ever the first two messages went.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Don't worry Linda.....Doug is a section coordinator, he is use to not remembering things. :wacko:

What's a Section Coordinator?

Too easy. I'll answer that Jack. As Section coordinator, you are expected to work your butt off in the background. Section coordinators get the same amount of recognition & responsibilities as the stats people. As I recall, the two jobs pay the same, also. ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I send confirmations within 48 hours of getting your application & check. Always. If it has been more than 5 days since you mailed your application & you have not had a phone call or email message from me, something is wrong.

Either your application & check are being held up by the postal service, or my email message to you did not get through. If I have typed the address wrong (often based on the questionable penmanship on the application :huh: ), I get a message that the confirmation was not delivered & I will call. If it does get delivered, & your email provider filters it, blocks it, or sends it to a spam/junk folder, I have no way to know about it.

Please contact me if you don't get a confirmation within 5 days. Please contact me by phone if you ever send me an email & do not get a response within 48 hours. 803-629-7095

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Can I ask how deep the waiting list is at this point? Would it be futile to send in an application?

Thanks,

H.

It would depend upon the day that you want to shoot, however ask Linda as she has the numbers right there in front of her. You can reach her at lchico@msn.com

Here is the shirt design for 2008. This is the final, we did some tweaking on it to make it better, the previous design did not stand out in my opinion.

You can get you match shirts from Joe at Tech Wear. Contact him at jlpro@verizon.net

Larry

2008_Final_Chicken.pdf

Edited by sbmd

Can I ask how deep the waiting list is at this point? Would it be futile to send in an application?

Thanks,

H.

It would depend upon the day that you want to shoot, however ask Linda as she has the numbers right there in front of her. You can reach her at lchico@msn.com

Good point, I've sent an email. I keep forgetting that in the shooting world you can send emails to people and get a response, make $1,000 transactions safely across the internet, ask for spare parts in a pinch, etc. Funny how that works.

H.

• 2 weeks later...

SUMMER BLAST UPDATE:

SHOTGUN SIDE MATCH

The Shot Gun Side match is a 4 stage match using the 3 divisions: Open, Limited and Pump. Pump will be allowed to load 5 rounds only. Note that ONLY 8 shot will be allowed, but you can purchase these at the match.

Please contact Linda Chico at lchico@msn.com to register in advance for the shotgun side match, so that we can better plan staffing. If you have already signed up with your application, you do not need to re-send the information. The available times are:

Saturday AM from 8AM until noon

Saturday PM from noon until 4PM

Sunday AM from 8AM until noon

We will recognize 3 divisions: Open, Limited and Pump. Pump will be allowed to load 5 rounds only (little twist) at any time in the gun. There needs to be 5 in each division to pay a winner, 10 for second and 15 for third. Payout will be based on number in each division as well as 50% of the proceeds go to the York IWL Youth Shooting Program.

Several shooters have asked about the Shotgun match on Friday. While we do not have any scheduled now, these can be added if there is sufficient interest. Please email back if you want to shoot Shotgun on Friday.

PISTOL SIDE MATCHES

Yes there are two pistol side matches this year. There will be a 6 plate rack.

Match #1 - Your gun and Ammo

$5 per run of three. All three runs will be added together for a total time. All 6 divisions will be recognized. Payout will go to the top three best times with 50% of the proceeds going to the USPSA Junior fund.

***Here is the twist, time will be added based off your classification in the division that you shoot the side match.

Grand Master and Master - 3 seconds will be added to you total time

A Class - 2 seconds will be added to your total time

B Class - 1 second will be added to your total time

C and D Class - no time will be added

Match #2 - Our Gun and Ammo

$5 per run of three. The first two runs you will dial in your time. Prior to the third run, you will guess your time. The closest to their time on the third run without going over will win a new Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm. In the event of a tie, we will look at the second run to determine the closest to the guessed time. In the event there is still a tie we will go back to the first run.

Anyone that shoots match number 2 will be using a Smith and Wesson M&P supplied by Northern Virginia Tactical and ammo supplied by Atlanta Arms.

We still have limited slots available on Friday AM. Please contact Linda for further details about available slots. Currently we have 340 registered shooters with about 20 on the wait list at various times.

Stage props are being built and things are coming together nicely for the match. Currently we have 6 guns (includes an open gun), STI frame and a 35% off cert from Para along with many other nice items which should put the raffle prize value around the $10,000 mark.

Looking forward to another great year.

Larry

Edited by sbmd

• 2 weeks later...

I was just going to drive up and shoot, but I think I'm going to go up the day before to check out the match (and maybe shoot the side match). Is anyone in need of a roommate....? W/M, 39, non-smoker, likes long walks on the beach.... :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Attached is the raffle prize list. Keep in mind this does not include the Remington 870 Tactical being given away at the shotgun side match or the Smith and Wesson M&P at the plate rack side match.

So with those included there are 10 guns or certificates being given away at the match.

We have 4 of the stages pretty much set up and will be working on the other six in the coming weeks.

Remember plan extra time and money for the side match and raffles to maximize your shooting and opportunities to win some really cool stuff!

Summer_Blast_Raffle.doc

Just received word from the shotgun side match that they can still take 3 competitors on Saturday morning, everything else is full at this time.

Don't forget about the pistol side matches as well........

Seeing how gas is as high as it is. If anyone in the southern Ohio area would like to pool to this match I am leaving very early am on Friday. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn but could put you out at any of the nearby hotels. Split the cost of gas to and from.

Edited by dcarter

Just received word from the shotgun side match that they can still take 3 competitors on Saturday morning, everything else is full at this time.

Don't forget about the pistol side matches as well........

What :surprise: two weeks out and the Main Match (Shotgun) still has some slots.

I saw where Linda has a couple of Friday slots for the Pistol Side match. :roflol:

Just yanking your chain Larry, :cheers:

Alan