Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I use a G17C for SSP

halvey

that doesnt seem right. they have in theroy a gun with slide cuts to reduce the weight.

It's legal. G34's and G35's have cut slides from the factory also. Though it was permissible before those two guns were released.

hate to be a jerk about it but can you tell me were that little gem is in the rule book.

I couldn't find it in the rule book either, but someone did call IDPA HQ and got a ruling saying it was OK. IMO I don't think there is any advantage having a compensated slide with a non-ported barrel on a glock in SSP.

Slide lightening is prohibited by the rulebook, but it doesn't apply because the slide came that way from the factory. The rulebook prohibits ported barrels, but says nothing about slides with cuts to allow gasses to escape. The rulebook also specifically allows barrel replacement.

Replacement barrel allowed + no problem with FACTORY cut slides = OK to use.

ill give them a ring.

no offence to any of you here but i dont know you well enough to take that kind of ruling with out being able to read it myslef. sorry

Can You let us know what their answer is? I just picked up a stock G22 barrel for my G22C.

Thanks.

I just called IDPA HQ and talked with Sandra. She said (right away) this was perfectly fine. She mentioned rule #6, but I can't get onto the IDPA website from work.

So there, I should have just called in the first place :-)

Under Excluded Modifications in SSP...

6. A barrel of another caliber that is not offered in the original factory model.

Since Glock makes a non-ported version of the barrel, you can put that in your G17C and be OK. You can also go from 40SW to 9x19 in IDPA, but not legal in USPSA.

Under Excluded Modifications in SSP...

6. A barrel of another caliber that is not offered in the original factory model.

Since Glock makes a non-ported version of the barrel, you can put that in your G17C and be OK. You can also go from 40SW to 9x19 in IDPA, but not legal in USPSA.

But be aware that if you put in a barrel of a different caliber, as the rule you quote implies that will land you in ESP.

This is not true of guns like the SIG P226 or P229, where the caliber is not stamped on the slide and the gun is available from the factory in either caliber.