Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OBCATS 2007 Tactical Challenge

The match application for the OBCATS Tactical Challenge is posted on the OBCATS website (www.obcats.com)

This year we are adding a "Heavy Metal" division and allowing Major Rifle in all divisions.

The Tactical Challenge is the last weekend in October. Set up will be Thursday and Friday with squads shooting either Saturday or Sunday. We are looking for qualified staff to RO on one day and shoot the other.

Slots are still available on both Saturday and Sunday.

Jim

Jim,

I'm down to go and RO. I should no longer be employed by Uncle Sam by then. Any issues getting guns into Jersey or is that NY only?

Rich

Rich,

it's a longer drive, by about an hour, but do yourself a favor and fly into Philadelphia......

Ya know...I'm stupid. After checking the OBCats site, I realized that Jim's talking about 2007. I won't be back 'til '08. Short timer's syndrome somthing fierce. Sorry.

Nik - As for your PM, I would love to work something out if I was going to be back soon. Fact is that I would have snatched up your 34 and K9.

Rich

The match application for the OBCATS Tactical Challenge is posted on the OBCATS website (www.obcats.com)

This year we are adding a "Heavy Metal" division and allowing Major Rifle in all divisions.

The Tactical Challenge is the last weekend in October. Set up will be Thursday and Friday with squads shooting either Saturday or Sunday. We are looking for qualified staff to RO on one day and shoot the other.

Jim

I stopped coming to this match, when Dave M. stopped wear those tight nylons.

Jim

Word has it that Dave has bought a new pair.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid

Jim

Jim

Word has it that Dave has bought a new pair.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid

Jim

The new ones are in "Tactical Black" however and must have cost more.

all Dave needs now is a cape and a mask, and he could be Captain OBCATS! Swooping in on his magic flying ATV to fix broken props and administer shooting fubars :goof:

I have images of Captain Chaos from Cannonball Run 2.

• 2 weeks later...
The match is a week and a half away. Any round count data? Stage diagrams? Hopefully no 25 meter plate racks. Bill L

Oh come on now the first time at 25 yards its hard, but now you should ace it. CWT Team is gearing up for this match. OBCATS always puts on a great match!!

Bill, I promise, IF we use the plate rack it won't be at 25 yards.

maybe 50, but not 25 :)

Actually, we will as usuaul not put up any unacneivable shots, do look for mini rifle poppers at 50 yards, 10" flashers at 100 with a time limit. Look for the Texas Star, it may be hiding on a stage for pistol or shotgun. We wil likely have a few flying birds and some frangible rifle targets.

Round counts are not finalized nor are the stage designs. We are meeting Friday night and should have the round count hammered out and posted by Sunday. Stages are not likely to get posted, but if we can get tehm drawn up, we may. It is all a matter of how much time we have left in the day.

We are now nearly a full match on Saturday, but can use some RO help on both days.If you are a qualified RO shooting Sunday, we'd appreciate your assistance on Saturday, get in touch. If you are shooting Saturday and want to earn a few points stay and RO on Sunday.

Jim

Round counts are now posted at OBCATS.com

But since you are here and not there....

93 Rifle

104 Pistol

63 Shot

0 Slugs, That is right, NO SLUGS

Please be at the range by 0800 on the day you are scheduled to shoot. So far all requests were honored.

We need you to check in, get your score sheet and sign the release form.

Watch here and on OBCATS.com for any additional updates.

Jim

I have posted stage designs for 7 of the 9 stages (Stage 1 and 5 are being finalized).

These designs are in draft form and subject to change. Feel free to comment on them in this thread-I will look at least once a day until Thrusday COB for any critiques. Who knows-you could even influence a design or two!!! :surprise:

View them here:

obcats.com

Regarding stage 7, I'm not sure of the intent of "No Holding" the wall. If it means no contact with either the hand or rifle, this stage will be extremly difficult. I recommend allowing use of the wall as support. Bill Lehman

Edited by BillL223

Bill,

I think that the idea behind not grabbing hold of the wall is to make it more difficult to shoot. We are talking about hitting a 10" plate at about 100 yards and some mini-Rifle Poppers at 60 & 80.

This really should not be that difficult. A Highpower shooter can make a 2" group at this distance offhand with a reload, with iron sights and do it in 60 seconds.

Its not like we were putting up a plate rack at 50 yards for a pistol :)

Jim

I agree that a High Power shooter can handle this stage with his shooting coat, sling, and glove. I probably can also do it with some extra shots. However, having run and shot many rifle matchs, I think the average shooter is going to time out or zero this stage as designed .

Its not like we were putting up a plate rack at 50 yards for a pistol :)

Jim

Ok now the Team will be bring down our own Plate Rack for a side match. Only Kidding, but the team is really gearing up for your match.

See you all Saturday

Bill-I would tend to agree with you, in that the stage will be harder-esp offhand. Most likely Jim and I will be testing the stage out to see the difficulty.

(sarcasm on) B) Our intention is that the stage be challenging yet not to hard for the highpower shooter to shoot-my only question is how is he going to shoot some of the other stages with the coat, there is no division for concealed carry! (sarcasm off) :D

Thanks for your input! My intention would be to make the stage fun yet still challenging-but it seems that many of us don’t get out with the long gun’s too much…………

oh yea-I posted Stage 1 and we slightly revised a few stages.

www.obcats.com

Stage 5 is not available yet-but a brief description of the special activator target should suffice-

There will be two targets which will slide down an incline-the first (a disappearing) will be activated by shooting a PP, the second will be activated by the end of travel of the first sliding target and will not disappear, but will only leave exposed a small portion of target! This stage will be F-U-N!!!!!! :devil:

Jim I have one question about holsters. Some of the cadets have gone to mounting a pistol holster on the body armor. All holsters have good retention. But will there be any issues having it up high on there body armor (center of chest) at about a 45 degree angle down?

It might be more fair if you let a C class shooter test the long range stage. Not to mention any names, but someone who has timed out on long range stages in the past.

George

I offer my services in that regard. I have all the qualiffications except for timing out - but I did come close! :lol:

Slav