Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6th Annual Toys for Tots Charity Match

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I just spoke to Linda. The match is Full. She is starting a wait list because we anticipate last minute no-shows, cancellations, etc. However, she can not put you on the wait list if you do not use the registration form. So, go online and register. For those of you who registered over the weekend, Linda was busy with the Ft. Benning 3 Gun match so she was not able to send out confirmations. She is working on that now and will indicate whether or not you are on the wait list.

Edited by Jack Suber

Remember: Linda likes Chocolate (Harry & David please)! Can't wait to see my friends and make new ones! :rolleyes:

Things are looking good.....This will be the biggest T4T yet. More importantly, the weather looks like its going to cooperate. No frozen toilets this year! :blink:

Edited by Jack Suber

Just got in from the Toys for Tots match. All I can say is GREAT JOB, Linda, Jack, Donnie, Tom,Julie and all the rest of the folks that made this happen. The coolest thing about this match other than the money and toys raised for less fortunate youngsters, is the amount of first time shooters introduced to the wonderful sport of IPSC/USPSA. I will check the stats later and see just how many unclassified shooters we had at this match. I am sure we hooked a few or them.

Outstanding match! :cheers:

I am home from one of the most fun matches I have ever shot.

Jack, Linda, Julie, and the rest of the folks that made this match happen THANKS!

And thanks to the shooters. There was a ton of gifts and a lot of money raised.

Thanks to the sponsors for everything they put up for drawing.

What a great day.

:cheers:

Many thanks to those of you who came out to support Toys for Tots-- those of you who helped set up & especially those who helped tear down after such a long day. It was great to see so many old friends and also wonderful to see so many new faces. :wub:

Scores are posted at http://lchico.5u.com/t4t/t4t.html -- simply click on the 'train engines' to see stage & final results. If you want to see the unofficial combined results, a link to combined stage & final results is available under the engine labeled "ALL.".

We had 97 shooters at the match (92 last year, so that is a new record). Speaking of new records, we gave the Marines over 150 toys. We had 6 new bicycles, three 'razor' scooters, over 12 radio controlled model cars and trucks, as well as a vast number of dolls and stuffed animals. They toys overflowed the 3 six foot long tables we had set up to display donations. :D

We also gave the Marine Corp $3,460.00 in cash & checks to purchase additional toys. In addition to that, the food service guys donated 10 percent of their proceeds to Toys for Tots. Since the match ended, I have gotten an additional $45 in donations, and more toys. We will be taking late donations to the Marines next week. I will post updated totals at that time.

And when Jack Suber introduced the Marines at the start of the match, we thanked them for their service to our country and gave them a round of applause. . . :bow: Anyone who has ever wondered why I work so hard at these matches, should just come to this one. You are the BEST!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Toys for Tots Match Statistician

Great Match. Thank you Jack, Linda, Julie, Donnie and Tom and to everyone else who help to put this match on. Great stages and great people! It was nice to see old friends and make new ones. I am glad I got to be a part of the experience again this year and look forward to next year's Toys For Tots! BTW: Great job breaking the record of the attendance AND the donations. :D

Woohooo!

Jack,Linda,Donnie......You guys put on one hell of an awesome match. And all for the minimum price of a $20 toy to light up a deprived youngsters life this Christmas. The stages were great. No gimmicks. Just good 'ol shooting. It made all that driving from the ATL worth it. I'll be back next year for sure.

i gave him the hat , book and cd,,,, and DaG in Tenn wants the gripper.... so here i am empty....thanks..dont ask , dont tell,,my a--......Nemo.... :lol:

Can't believe you are letting go of THE GRIPPER!! You keeping the book? :goof:

Thanks, everyone for coming out Saturday. As Linda posted earlier, it was a record Toys for Tots match in the number of shooters in attendance; toys we collected; cash raised; and sponsor donated prizes. We ran 97 shooters (15 person squads) through 7 stages in around 6 hours. We gave away 3 guns donated by sponsors after the match.

I would like to thank every one of our sponsors who were so generous in donating prizes for this match. EVERYONE of the sponsors I contacted were excited to donate prizes for Toys for Tots. Please thank our sponsors whenever you get the chance and consider them when making your next purchases.

As for the MCRC crew, they worked all day Friday to put 7 stages together (we used almost every target stand the club has). Tom, Donnie, Julie, Linda, and Tim are the backbone of USPSA at MCRC. Without them, there would not be USPSA at MCRC. I can not begin to describe what these folks do behind the scenes. They are always one step ahead of the game, continuously thinking about how to improve the range, the matches, etc. Donnie and Tom worked all Summer building the new poppers we used. I would also like to thank Lee Rouse, Banks Pressley, and James Smith who helped set-up on Friday. It could not have gotten done without these folks. I would also like to thank the Marines of Foxtrot Co, 4th LAR for the work they do with Toys for Tots and defending our country. BTW - the reason they did not shoot this year is because of ammo shortages. They need their ammo for practice because they are going active in April. I wish I had known in advance....I am sure many of us would have provided ammo to them.

The cool thing about this match is that it is one of our best recruiting tools. We get a lot of new shooters out of this match. Many may not shoot the match, but they watch it or decide to come out to a club match and try USPSA. 20 new shooters participating is awesome! Everyone of you were awesome in the way y'all helped out and made them feel welcome. Thank you!

For the first time ever, we had a TV crew cover a USPSA a match at MCRC. I was not able to see the interview but my wife told me it was very positive. She said the station focused on the charity and why shooters were there. My wife said they showed a brief clip of my ineterview; then with SSgt Ward. She said for some reason, the majority of the video focused on the lady shooters? Wonder why? :blink: She said there was a lot of coverage of a certain blond shooter, who I will not name but tends to "Woohooo!" a lot. Sandra, can I have your autograph!! :rolleyes: I'll be posting pictures pictures soon. If you got any good pics that I can post on our website, please send them to me.

I want to thank Nemo, Bruce, Roger, and everyone on their squad for puting up with a certain young Knuckle-head and keeping him in line. It was good to see Nemo, Nelson Jr., and Francisco (a.k.a Scrat).

The next Toys for Tots match will be December 13, 2008. I will try to improve on some things in order to make it run a little smoother and have y'all on the road a little earlier. I apologize for my disorganization with the awards and prize drawings.

Keep in mind that our 2008 Section Championship is April 11-12, 2008. ROs and staff will be outfitted with over $300 worth of tactical clothing. Sign up early. We will have 8 stages that will require approximately 225 rounds.

Finally, please keep the men and women (and their families) who are serving our country in your prayers during the holiday season. The same goes for our LEOs and emergency service personnel. Remember, we are allowed to do what we do because of what they do.

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!

i gave him the hat , book and cd,,,, and DaG in Tenn wants the gripper.... so here i am empty....thanks..dont ask , dont tell,,my a--......Nemo.... :lol:

Can't believe you are letting go of THE GRIPPER!! You keeping the book? :goof:

Hey, those grippers are cool. Manny turned me on to those things. I have a couple of them. Try them.

One other note.... SSgt Ward and I got to inspect some of the toys. There were some really neat toys that were donated. The remote control cars were cool. We were debating whether or not we should "test" any of them before we passed them on to a child. Did anyone see the P51? :rolleyes: You are never to old to have cool toys!...

Edited by Jack Suber

I want to thank Nemo, Bruce, Roger, and everyone on their squad for puting up with a certain young Knuckle-head and keeping him in line. It was good to see Nemo, Nelson Jr., and Francisco (a.k.a Scrat).

I was on the squad with your fine son and let me tell you he was one of the hardest working folks on that squad. I would love to him on every squad I ever shoot on. He is a heck of shooter as well.

Thanks for all you do I will be be back next year I promise.

Edited by vrmn1

I wish I had known the Marines of Foxtrot Co, 4th LAR needed ammo... I would have gladly donated to them so they could play with us. I know many others feel the same way! I will keep them and their famlies in my thoughts and prayers.

I have both December 13, 2008 and April 11-12, 2008 on the calendar! What a great time it is going to be. Congrats again on a great match and all the toys/cash that was raised for Tots For Tots! Many children will have a happier Christmas because of MCRC's dedication and hard work.

I'd like to give a personal Woohoo to David Powers (Sabre Defence)! Thank you very much. I know it was short notice-but you made it happen. Many thanks and I look forward to the next 3G. :bow:

Sandra