Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6th Annual Toys for Tots Charity Match

Just wanted to get this out early -

The 6th annual Toys for Tots Charity Action Pistol Match will be held December 8, 2007, at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia, SC. 7 stages. Match entry fee will be a toy valued at $15.00 or more; cash or check made out to the USMC's Toys for Tots program. Sponsor donated prizes will be given away during a random drawing following the match. We welcome all vendors/sponsors and volunteers.

This match keeps growing. We are planning to set-up an online registration to seed up registration that morning. More details will be available soon and on our website at www.southcarolina-uspsa.org. You can also see pictures from last years match on the website. I hope y'all can make it!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to get this out early -

The 6th annual Toys for Tots Charity Action Pistol Match will be held December 8, 2007, at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia, SC. 7 stages. Match entry fee will be a toy valued at $15.00 or more; cash or check made out to the USMC's Toys for Tots program. Sponsor donated prizes will be given away during a random drawing following the match. We welcome all vendors/sponsors and volunteers.

This match keeps growing. We are planning to set-up an online registration to seed up registration that morning. More details will be available soon and on our website at www.southcarolina-uspsa.org. You can also see pictures from last years match on the website. I hope y'all can make it!

wish it was closer so I could come support

Jack

This is just what I was wondering about. When the date of the Toys for Tots match would be. Can't wait. About a half a dozen of us guys in the Augusta area like making this annual event. I also plan to get both of my sons that are away in college to put this date down as a Saturday to spend with Dad. Paul and I will also try promoting this match with some more of the locals down here. Good charity, good shooting and good fellowship. It doesn't get any better!!

Mark

Will you be allowing Virtual Competitors again, for those that want to contribute but can't make the trip ?

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, virtual competitors are welcome. Thanks. Of course, we hope you can make it in person!

Will you be allowing Virtual Competitors again, for those that want to contribute but can't make the trip ?

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, virtual competitors are welcome. Thanks. Of course, we hope you can make it in person!

I can't wait! Marked it down on my calendar and will be there with bells on---errr something like that :D

I can't wait! Marked it down on my calendar and will be there with bells on---errr something like that :D

It would have to be more 'flattering' than what you wore last year . . .just can't help stirring the pot! :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Toys for Tots Statistician

It would have to be more 'flattering' than what you wore last year . . .just can't help stirring the pot! :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Toys for Tots Statistician

Exsqueeze me? I seem to recall a beautiful garnet shirt with "Gamecock Athletics" on it. Most flattering. Deep down inside of Ms. Kitty is a Gamecock, trying to get out.. :goof: Deep down, she does not want to be a "Tater".

Moral of the Story: Never bet on Clem's son when they are playing the Gamecocks! Go Cocks!!!!!!!!

I think that is an awsome idea for a match entry fee. Kudos to you guys. :cheers:

Unfortunatly South Carolina is a bit of a drive for Lorrie and I. :( Otherwise we would be there.

Hope you have a great match,

Ira

Edited by iweiny

• 4 weeks later...

Linda has the on-line registration up for Toys for Tots. This allows us to speed up registration the day of the match. So, all you'll need to do is show up (bring your gun and ammo :blush: ) and a toy or contribution and check in. Then have fun! Here is the link, the link:

http://lchico.5u.com/t4t/07T4Tapp.html

We look forward to seeing y'all there!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Round Count for Toys for Tots Match - 187 minimum. 7 stages - all field courses. Classic targets. Some steel. No movers (because of reset times). Last update from Linda is that we are close to getting full. So, if you have not registered, you need to do so.

Sponsor prizes are starting to come in - I will have the sponsor webpage up today.

More updates to come.

• 2 weeks later...
As of last night, there were only ten slots left. If you plan to shoot, better go ahead and register. For you first-timers, we only use Classic targets at this match. Be ready!

Jack

Sounds like this is going to be the biggest and best Toys for Tots match yet! Currently we have a about a dozen folk signed up from the Augusta area. This is the biggest crowd we have ever put together to go shoot a match out of town. Six of these are new shooters.

I took some to the range today to give them some safety lessons to help prepare them for the match. It will be neat to see how many keepers we get from the ones that will be trying USPSA for the first time.

Mark

As of last night, there were only ten slots left. If you plan to shoot, better go ahead and register. For you first-timers, we only use Classic targets at this match. Be ready!

Jack

Sounds like this is going to be the biggest and best Toys for Tots match yet! Currently we have a about a dozen folk signed up from the Augusta area. This is the biggest crowd we have ever put together to go shoot a match out of town. Six of these are new shooters.

I took some to the range today to give them some safety lessons to help prepare them for the match. It will be neat to see how many keepers we get from the ones that will be trying USPSA for the first time.

Mark

It will be nice to meet you Mark.

I am fired up to get there.