Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low Overall Score At IDPA Match

MichiganShootist

It was only a monthly club match at an IDPA club here in Michigan.... but it was one of those days (rare for me) where everything came together at the right time.

I know that IDPA doesn't "recognize" low over all at matches--- but I also know all serious IDPA shooters (just like USPSA shooters) look to see who had that "winning" score at every match.

Out of the couple dozen shooters participating.... I managed to have the low over all score shooting my 625 in ESR. That means I bested a number of other Expert shooters (including the Match Director) who were shooting 9 mm glocks etc. in ESP and SSP..... and all other revolver and CDP shooters too. Hell on one stage I had 3 tactical reloads driving the wheel gun and the "glocksters" only had one reload from slide lock.

I only dropped 9 points for the 5 stage match---- and my total time for the match was barely over one second per round fired.

I realize--- It's not the USPSA Nationals...Or some other major event---- but for a Super Senior with a blown knee and a list of other medical issues to long to list... It was a huge day... driving a wheel gun. :cheers:

Too cool. We have a 79 year old retired Colonel who still shoots pretty damned good and gets around pretty well, too. I hope to be in such fine shape as you guys when I get there.

I got 1st SSR and the second fastest time in our State match a couple of years ago. Depending on how the stages are set up, a six gunner can do quite well. I am pretty comfortable with my 686. No disadvantage for the first six rounds in a fight, either.