Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pelican Cases

CSEMARTIN

+1 for cases4less.com

Ordered prior to a few matches in Spain.

And I reside overseas, not next to Europe...

+2 for cases4less.

Except I went with a Storm case as I like the latches a bit better. It's also a little lighter, but to get the lighter weight, you do give up a bit of the toughness of a Pelican case.

-Cuz.

A big +1000 for Pelican Cases, I use one for my AR in my squad car. It is heavy but I don't need to carry it around much. We recently got record rain fall, around 17 inches in 24 hours, in the area and had major flooding. My Pelican Case was in the trunk of the car and the car got flooded. The case saved my AR, everything else in the car was lost, even the car.

Pelican Cases are worth every penny.

Rick

About a year ago, a friend's Pelican case, containing a limited/standard pistol, plus equipment was crushed by a Toyota SUV/Van during a match. The driver reversed back and simply drove on it without seeing it was there. Nothing happened to the contents of the case.

I purchased a 1550 for flying with my pistols and LOVE it. On the tv show Made in America this Sunday they toured the plant and demonstrated how the cases were made and their durability, impressive to say the least. The founder of the company told an interesting story on how he started producing the flashlights. He had made several and gave to his friends and one day he received a call from a man who said his name was "Bob" and he was a member of a branch of the military and wanted to purchase 2,000 of the flashlights. He said 2 weeks later a man named "Bob" flew in on a plain jane Lear jet and handed him $43,000 in a brown paper bag and simply asked "May I have a receipt for that".

I bought the 1650. It's nice, but it's too big. It weighs in at around 35# and is 64 linear inches. The limit is 62 inches on NWA. I called and was told that although it's unlikely they will get out a tape measure, if they do, I'll get stuck with an 80 dollar fee. Also, since the case is 35#'s, I can only put 15# pounds of gear in it because NWA has a 50# weight limit. You can fly with up to 70#'s for an additional 25 bucks.

I'm going to send the case back for a smaller one. We'll see just how good casesbypelican.com's customer service is.

When I was in a band and on the road, we used Anvil cases. Strong but very heavy. When I would travel for SCUBA diving, My camera gear always went in a pelican case. I now use Pelican cases for my gear when traveling. I even got a pelican case with wheels so when carrying all the gear to a match (including 500 rounds) it makes it a bit easier to haul around.

Gotmine at cases4 less also.