Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FYI: M4, XM8, SCAR and HK416 to compete

ChuckS

I searched aroun, but didn't find any other threads. Please point me to one if I missed it...

Anybody have any info on this?

Introducing the "AR15 Fix" (Patent Pending), a revolutionary new "Retro-Fit Piston Driven Cycling System" for the AR15/M-16 rifle. Adams Arms piston driven systems replace the problematic impingement system currently associated with the mil-spec Ar15, m16 style rifles.

http://www.ar15fix.com/

Seems similar to: http://www.primaryweaponsystem.com/

One of the dealers around here stocks them and there were three guys sharing a rifle with the PWS setup on the rifle match here a few weeks ago.

Seemed to work really, but for a race gun, I dont really see the point.

Why fix something that isn't broken and my JP is far from broken :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that the Bushmaster piston system is licensed from POF. I've been shooting a POF 18" in 3-gun matches for the last year, and the reliability is outstanding. But then I get great reliability from my other ARs (DPMS and Bushy) too, as long as I feed them good ammo. For most people, I don't think the gas piston is worth the extra cost. Still, it's a great system. For me the primary advantages are ease of maintenance and longer maintenance intervals.

If I was in the sandbox, and had the choice, I'd opt for a piston over a DI system, for a marginal increase in reliability. But I don't think that it's worth the cost to the government to completely replace the M4s with a piston system.