Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post Office wants $83.25 additional postage

Rik

I just had a nice little talk with the local Postal Inspector. He called to find out what exactly is in the 10 very heavy boxes that I am having delivered from M.G. So I explained that they are Bullets only NOT ammunition. He still asked for permission to open one of the boxes to make sure though. But I will say that he was very nice and it seemed like he was dealing with idiots on his end.

Brian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had several experiances with VERY LARGE quantities of bullet orders.

We used to order from Zero (last order was about 160k mixed), they shipped CC to my warehouse, we unloaded with forklift, put in my trailer and off we went, no prob.

Next VLO was from MG, I got about 35-40 boxes sent to my warehouse address. Got a nice call asking me if I could come pick-up. I grabbed the trailer and off I went.

Most recent VLO was shipped to my home, only about 30 boxes this time, from Precision Delta. Wife called me at office, Two mailt trucks are here, where do you want?

Said floor of your side aog garage.

Two mail carriers, unloaded and stacked neatly. Comments Wow, Guess your husband shoots (Probably due to stacks of SG Amm and Clay birds as well as electric thrower in garage.

All in all, I have not experianced the problems you all are describing. Oh, and the last delivery beat my regualr carrier by at least two hours. Not surprising, I was their route for the day, he had to run the regular route.

The boxes were shall we say somewhat deformed, but not too bad and most are glued and taped and labeled so that opening them is interesting to say the least.

Jim

Man, I must have one of the exceptions as far as bullet delivery goes. The ladies at my PO load them all up on a float and meet me at the back loading dock. I warned them before the first load(30K of 180's) they thought I was exagerating some on the weight until the 15 boxes showed up.

Anybody order from Bear Creek? They have a sticker that says something along the lines of 70#s is the weight limit you put on these boxes and its your job to deliver. I've have several diffrent carriers from some reason but most have never caused a fuss. One guy dropping off brass told my fiancie man your husband must reload a lot. The other 2 I have is a bear of a woman that puts the boxes in plastic USPS carrier boxes 2 at a time :surprise: . Third one is a very athletic blonde that I don't mind helping :-)

Got a case of 9's from Montana Gold last week. The postman carried them up the drive to the front door (approximately 35 yards). When there was no answer, he carried them back to his jeep and then spotted me out near the garage. He then headed back up the drive with the load and I met him halfway.

No complaints, just the comment "geez, how many gold bars are in this box?"

Guess I've got one of the good postal carriers.

Bill