Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mike Carmoney #1

Jaxshooter

I sent one of my S&W 625s to Mike for an action job. He received the gun on 8-15-07 at 11:00 AM. I have the gun back in my hands today 8-21-07 at 11:30 AM and he shot the Area 5 Match last weekend and won. The action work is excellent , the bobbed hammer looks great. I stopped on the way home and shot 60 rounds thru it without any problems with ammo that was loaded quick on a 650 to shoot in a single stack. It was loaded with Federal primers but no special care was taken to make sure the primers were well seated.

Mike, thanks for the great work and unbelievble service.

Next thing you know, he'll come in second at nationals... :ph34r:

He also did the chamfering on my 25's cylinder. Very nice, clean job. Shipped to him Friday got it back Tuesday. Watch out Randy!!

Watch out Randy!!

Working on revolvers in a world with Randy Lee is a little like shooting revolvers in competition in a world with Jerry Miculek.....you need to be realistic enough to admit you're aiming for second place! :)

But Jax, I really do appreciate your kind words, and I'm glad you're pleased with your 625. And just so the mods here understand, this is not any sort of serious commercial venture on my part, I just enjoy setting up revolvers for competition now and then and I'm glad the demand for such a thing is increasing!!

Thanks for that Mike.

Dang! I was hoping to retire... :angry2:

Forgot to add that you are quantum leaps ahead of many smiths out there. You shoot (extremely well I might add) action revo while many of the smiths do not.

You see where the weaknesses in the system are. I personally think that makes for a better smith.

Edited by Randy Lee

Truth of the matter is I kinda like collecting these things (see pic below).

What can I say? Cliff collects the hair of pubescent teenage boys.....I collect S&W hammer spurs. Everybody needs a hobby.

WOW...that's waaaayyyy more than I ever wanted to know about Cliff....

The pic reminds me of a M.C. Escher painting I saw....

I finally get a chance to shoot my newly Carmonized 625JM and now all these other characters beat me to the punch singing Mike's praises. (Probably just as well, you don't wnat to hear me sing)

The action is sweet smooth and it goes bang every time with my reloads. Of course the best part is showing the gun to folks and hearing the same question "Where's the hammer?" every time.

Thanks Mike!

Now all I have to do is load a couple thousand rounds, send Bob my address so I can get my moonclip holder and I might actually be ready to shoot A3...after I burn up those rounds practicing.

I've had several guys ask me about cutting up hammers. I gave them the pix you posted, yet I'd still get questions.

On seeing your collection, it dawned on me that a pix is worth a thousand words.

Your collection shows all the large pieces you've sliced off of hammers. May do a better job of showing what needs to be done than the finished product.

When is the Instructional Video coming out?