Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah Makes Master!

Chris Keen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well micah/ Pharaoh Bender you have showed me with alot of dry fire/practice one can make master! congrats!! you have inspired me to work more towards my M card i started shooting uspsa exactly 1 yr ago and i just made B class because of my performance at A4. i feel with the determination to dry fire/ live fire practice i will make Master class one day! that is my goal to become 2nd master class shooter in my town/area. with you showing your diary and how much you practice to finally reach your goal i feel i can do the same!! i am glad that you got your M card you deserve it with alll the hard work that you put to getting it!!! congrats again!!!!!

Joey

• 2 weeks later...

I have made a terrible oversight in my "Thanks" category...

Steve Moneypenny-An amazingly tallented competitor and a wealth of information. When I came to him with specific problems, he explained it as an IPSC shooter, than drew parallels to his martial arts knowledge which further solitified my skills. Thanks Steve :)

This is so not fair.

You were unemployed and actually had time to practice. :rolleyes:

This is actually very true and a good observation. On the days that I work mornings now, I'm getting up at 5:30a to get my workout and dryfire in before work. When I get home, I do a bit more dryfire...then go to bed :closedeyes:

This is actually very true and a good observation. On the days that I work mornings now, I'm getting up at 5:30a to get my workout and dryfire in before work. When I get home, I do a bit more dryfire...then go to bed :closedeyes:

How many hours a day do you dry-fire? I'm trying to get an idea so I can follow in your footsteps :bow:

How many hours a day do you dry-fire? I'm trying to get an idea so I can follow in your footsteps :bow:

It's been at least an hour every day (save match days) for 13 months. I was dryfiring before hand, but haphazardly and without goal setting or a regiment. When I have an opportunity to come back and dryfire more later on in the day, I specifically work reloads, long transitions, and awkward props and starting positions.

We participate in one of the few sports that can be practiced successfully at home, and I have taken full advantage of that.

PB,

I just saw this post, congrats on making Master. Please keep shooting that Glock like it needs to be shot. I would love to see you join the select few who have stuck it out with the Glock to get them through GM.

I wish I could shoot half as good as you do! Maybe once I retire and get my back fixed...ahh there's my goal! To make Master by 2010! :cheers:

It's been at least an hour every day (save match days) for 13 months. I was dryfiring before hand, but haphazardly and without goal setting or a regiment. When I have an opportunity to come back and dryfire more later on in the day, I specifically work reloads, long transitions, and awkward props and starting positions.

We participate in one of the few sports that can be practiced successfully at home, and I have taken full advantage of that.

Congrats on making Master Micah. Can we see a "short video clip" of you dryfiring? I'm interested to see how other people practice. (other than draws and reloads)

Congrats on making Master Micah. Can we see a "short video clip" of you dryfiring? I'm interested to see how other people practice. (other than draws and reloads)

Darryl, the wife has already left for work, and I go in at 11-10 today...but I will try and get her to take a little video and post it tonight for you.

Dry-fire is not about copying what others do ..... it's about doing things correctly, over and over again until they become 2nd nature. Muscle memory if you will.

Draw your gun and form a perfect sight picture over and over and over again.

Dry-fire is not about copying what others do ..... it's about doing things correctly, over and over again until they become 2nd nature. Muscle memory if you will.

I'm interested to see how other people practice. (other than draws and reloads)

And it is my intention to show him, as well as many others who have asked, how I dryfire...beyond draws and reloads.

the wife has already left for work, and I go in at 11-10 today...but I will try and get her to take a little video and post it tonight for you.

Oh to see the look on your wife's face when that question is asked. "Hey honey, how was your day? Good, do you want to make a little video tonight?" :surprise:

J/K, Waiting the video as well.

I understand that. And of course when I dryfire I should work on my weakness such as weak hand sight picture and cover but I'm still curious to see how other people do it. Not to copy but out of sheer curiousity. What Micah does to improve his "game" may not work for me but being interested in improving my own skill, he may have a drill that I never thought of or give me an idea for how I can make my sessions more in depth.

I understand that. And of course when I dryfire I should work on my weakness such as...

Exactly! My routine was created to turn my weaknesses into strengths, as well as build up every day skills that are needed. After evaluating this season and the shooting, there are some things that I can back off of, and some things that I need to build up.

I'm still at work, but plan on putting something up once I get home. I'll post it elsewear as opposed to here in "Accomplishments", but will leave a link.