Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 5: Aug 16-19

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to it too, But I am also kinda nervous.I shoot at Holmen once a month, but it is my first "real" match. Hope I Make pf, hope I dont DQ, hope I dont fall down!!! Sorry, couldnt help that. Well, either way, it is going to be a learning experience. I will be the bewildered looking guy :unsure: with the xd 9 shooting production. My wife will be in tow, as my caddy/camera girl/ magloader/rule reminder. Hope to see you there. Dave

Just opening a thread. REALLY looking forward to this one, had a blast last year, STILL trying to figure out how to get there.

Ronnie and his crew have amped up the difficulty of the shots a few notches. He is started to turn into an accuracy hound. The one thing I can say about his matches, is that the Stage Diagrams that are online are always VERY accurate. You can get a real good idea of what to expect from them.

I am squadded with the AMU boys, so I hope to get some free tips out of it. :cheers:

I am looking forward to it too, But I am also kinda nervous.I shoot at Holmen once a month, but it is my first "real" match. Hope I Make pf, hope I dont DQ, hope I dont fall down!!! Sorry, couldnt help that. Well, either way, it is going to be a learning experience. I will be the bewildered looking guy :unsure: with the xd 9 shooting production. My wife will be in tow, as my caddy/camera girl/ magloader/rule reminder. Hope to see you there. Dave

You must really trust your Wife! I don't even trust Myself loading mags!

Fastshooter

you drive... it's less hastle than flying and you get to look at the scenery in wisconsin. Don't miss the giant CHEESE sandwich sign.

Se y'all there i'll be working a stage, don't know which one yet.

Well if your working when a certain shooter from your state (L.H.) show up remember to mention "that's not how Brent would shoot it...." and enjoy :bow:

I wish I could be there for this match but we have a 82nd birthday Saturday and if I missed it I don't think I'd have another one if you catch my drift......

Good luck

Steve :D

I must admit that I am a bit bummed that Matt Cheely and the AMU boys aren't going to be there. I was squadded with them, but things have come up beyond their control and had to back out. I was looking forward to learning from them- but I guess Ben will have to do! :lol:

I must admit that I am a bit bummed that Matt Cheely and the AMU boys aren't going to be there. I was squadded with them, but things have come up beyond their control and had to back out. I was looking forward to learning from them- but I guess Ben will have to do! :lol:

Not to drift too much,,,,,what happened to those guys? I had my best Jeff Galulli costume on and I was ready to trip somebody.... :ph34r:

For those that haven't left yet - be sure to bring your cleets! ;) It's been raining/thunderstorming every night for the last 4 nights. One of the new bays is pretty slick and mucky, but will hopefully dry out a little by Sat & Sun. The other two new ones actually have some grass in them this year - no more sand.

Ronnie & Lori have outdone themselves once again. Some great stages with good variety between close in hoser-stages and longer, more difficult shots. Probaby best of all - no low ports!

I checked out the stages last night. This match is a bit of a ballet, with you constantly looking for the sweet spot on the stages.

In terms of shot difficulty, I would say it is about twice as tough as last year was.

There are LOTS of ways to shoot some of the stages as well.

:cheers:

Sounds good to me!

According to the weather forecast, its gunna be a wet affair this weekend. Those that shoot on Thurs and Friday are going to catch a break.

I'd invest in something that will keep you dry.

I just finished up shooting for the day.

It was wet.

Very wet.

Extremely wet.

But at least it was a dry wet.... :rolleyes:

The stages were fun, RO's were great. I hope the berms don't erode away with the rainfall. Bay 2 was an interesting affair. The whole day was a lesson in mental toughness.