Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Improper Firearms Training

HoMiE

Gee I think I remember hearing "Be sure of you target and what is beyond it" or maybe it was put like, "be sure of your backstop/impact area". Being a LEO story's like this just anger me to no end. Not only was a person very ilresponsible but they were someone who really should have known better. Good Lord its not like he was in a gun fight he was shooting at an animal that was contained. Maybe the 12 gage with some #8 shot might have been a better choice if he really had to shot it.

My prayers are with the victims family

:angry: Hopefully, the right thing will happen, and this moron won't be inflicted upon the community any more... and maybe he goes to jail, too, for a little while (Reckless Endangerment at the least.... Involuntary Manslaughter is more appropriate).

Makes me wonder, though, if he was professional enough to handle a Glock .40....

+1000, that is wonton negligence that borderlines on a criminal act. Even if by accident, god, that is so bad and stupid. The shooter needs to lose their job and do some time. He was not professional enough, involuntary manslaughter is appropriate. And the way the grandfather said the officers came over and said NOTHING and admitted NOTHING, this is SOP for LEO in this kind of situation, but it makes me a little sick and angry at the same time....

:angry: Hopefully, the right thing will happen, and this moron won't be inflicted upon the community any more... and maybe he goes to jail, too, for a little while (Reckless Endangerment at the least.... Involuntary Manslaughter is more appropriate).

Makes me wonder, though, if he was professional enough to handle a Glock .40....

Edited by A-shot

KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT"S BEHIND IT. What F***ing morons? My heart goes out to that boy's family. People like this cop give gun owners a very bad name because they are supposed to be trained professionals

People like this cop give gun owners a very bad name because they are supposed to be trained professionals

He gives other cops a bad name.

Can you believe people call the cops for a snake in their yard? Leave the snake alone and he'll go away. That should have been the advice the cops gave them.

I'm going to have to watch my toung on this one. Oh F!@k it.First off, what a horrible accident ( if you can call it that) and all our prayers go out to the family. With that being said you f*&^king idiots. Are these dumbass cops trained or do they get thier bages from a crackerjack box? mabey teach them to read first or just cap their ass in the leg to get point across. If it was a civilian he would be charged with murder.I can't begin to tell you what they did wrong.I hope they hang those guys. I also hope the family gets paid more than the Weaver family.( even that would never make things right) I have a new respect for the grandad, I don't care who hears me say it. I would get Frank Castle on your ass. ( NO MERCY) I have a little girl and if it was me they would have to kill me too, cause it would be a free for all. I don't think they should even call this an accdent. I could not even tell you how nuts I would be. And all the democraps think only the cops and military should have guns. Tell me why again? What the hell is animal control for? Thank :ph34r:you smarter than me cops. DUMBASSES IDIOTS. I hope I don't get kicked off for my ( not scared) opinon. I hope the cop responsible never forgets what he has done and affected others lives. Yeah what if it was his little child. :ph34r::ph34r::angry2::angry2:

I've edited my posts to try and remove emotional content, I can already feel this thread burning. But the shooter will never forget what he has done in a momentary lapse of reason...

I didn't start this post to bash on cops. When I read this story I couldn't believed that something like this could happen. I happened to be reading the "Only Happen Once..." topic and too many of those stories are about ADs. Just a sad unfortunate story that never should have happened. Just thought it might be another reminder to people about gun safety and knowing where your muzzle is pointing and where a shot might go regardless if your finger is on the trigger or not.

Edited by HoMiE

I didn't start this post to bash on cops. When I read this story I couldn't believed that something like this could happen. I happened to be reading the "Only Happen Once..." topic and too many of those stories are about ADs. Just a sad unfortunate story that never should have happened. Just thought it might be another reminder to people about gun safety and knowing where your muzzle is pointing and where a shot might go regardless if your finger is on the trigger or not.

If you were directing this comment to me I'm only bashing the cops involved. :ph34r:

I was actually on the phone with the head trainer of our state academy at lunch time and this came up in our conversation. We are all devastated by this and it is what fuels us to do a good job with our officers, so things like this dont happen. Unfortunately we cant train them to have common sense if they dont have any........There are lowest common denominators in every job description, please be careful when you paint with a wide brush.

This Officer that used poor judgement will be prosecuted for his actions, but please dont attribute his actions to all officers that are out there.

........preparing to hear about this for my entire 12 hour shift from people that are doing unlawful acts so they can get out of their situation..... :ph34r:

Prayers out to all involved...

DougC

At the least that f@#$%$# moron should be charged with manslaughter. The parents should sue the police department and the city. I am usually dead set against law suits but this would be a legitimate one. A five year old dies because of negligance from someone who should have training and know better.

If you were directing this comment to me I'm only bashing the cops involved. :ph34r:

Wasn't directing it to any one. My first thoughts when I opened topic was, these were police officers that did this. And I too had bad feelings for the cop that did it and wondered how in the hell he even got to that position. But, I too edited my post becasue I thought it would come across the wrong way. It wasn't some drive-by and the kid was an innocent bystander. I don't like even calling what happened a tragic accident, because pistols shouldn't have been fired in the first place. It was a dumbass decision by someone who should of known better. I would like to think that most pratical shooters whether professionally trained or not at least understand basic firearm safety and give firearms the respect that is required. People (doing stupid things) kill people, not guns.

What the hell is animal control for?

Not to derail your vent, but Animal Control here will not respond to a wild animal in it's natural habitat (ie, a snake in someone's back yard). As I said before, leave him alone, he'll go away.

This is horrible, Why would anyone shoot a snake with a pistol... i assume it was a pistol. Here is a novel idea.. LEAVE THE SNAKE IN THE TREE! Did it kill someone? was it harrassing anyone? no it was in a tree. No amount of training can cure stupid!

edited to remove animal control. previously covered.

Edited by CaseyJ

Can you believe people call the cops for a snake in their yard?

That's pretty asinine, too, isn't it??? :rolleyes: Morons.... America has become so wussified, at this point... someone sees a snake, they either pass out in fear, or jump up on a chair screaming "Eeeeeek!!!!!".... Sheesh.... If its venomous and endangering you, kill it. If its not trying to harm you, leave it the heck alone, or shoo it out of the yard if it really upsets your sensibilities....

Lots of ways to dispatch a snake w/o using a firearm, too.... <_<