Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.380 auto loads

Harmon

Looking to see if anyone has a fav load for the 380 auto. I didnt think i would reload them but with new factory ammo going for 25-30 cents a pop, i can easily justify another set of dies and i have plenty of brass, 95 grain bullets and titegroup, VVn320 WST and a pound or two of 231 and bullseye.

Not really concerned with power or velocity, but more into accuracy and cheepness.

I have a hungarian PA63 pistol i bought for my wife and 9x18 ammo is hard to find here. i bought a replacement threaded(hehe, suppressor later) barrel for it chambered in .380 auto

Let me know if you have any fav loads. im using Mixed brass and Ranier 95 grain bullets or hornady 90 grain XTP

Harmon

I'm using 3 grain of W231 with Win 95gr FMJ. Max is 3.3 grains. It shoots fine through a p3at and burns fairly clean.

I also have some 95gr cast lead RN, but haven't loaded those yet.

A pound of W231 will go a long way in this caliber....

I'm using 3 grain of W231 with Win 95gr FMJ. Max is 3.3 grains. It shoots fine through a p3at and burns fairly clean.

Do you use tweezers to put the case and the bullet in place? LOL

Do you use tweezers to put the case and the bullet in place? LOL

Nope, I load them on my 550 just fine. (223 shellplate with a 9mm powder funnel)

It has been a few years ago, but I have reloaded .380's, with good results for practice purposes.

Using Bullseye powder and a 95 grain FMJ/RN, I used 3.0 grains. It worked for practice loads in a Walther PPK/s and a Llama MicroMax (1911 mini-clone) Overall length was .975. Federal or CCI Small Pistol primers. I never ran it over a chrono, so no idea about velocity.

And it was the old Hercules Bullseye. Not sure if the "new" Bullseye powder will give the same results.

I have also used WW231 powder. Same 95 grain FMJ/RN. 3.2 grains of WW231. Overall length .975. Federal or CCI small pistol primers.

As always, YMMV.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

95 gr Bear Creek Moly, CCI SP, PowerPistol

3.1 657fps, very very light, but functioned a p3AT

3.3 to chrono this weekend, hoping for 800fps

3.7 functioned fine, but stretched/guppie-bellied the brass, impressive recoil and report, too hot