Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the crappiest gun that you got your ass kicked by ?

I have never been whupped by a gun good or bad...I have been beaten by better shooters :lol:

Jim

+6,457,862 to that Jim

It's usually the driver, I think the gun only makes a difference in as much as the guy (or chick) behind it is comfortable in their ability to use said piece of crap.

[in my best Joe Pesci voice]

Okay, okay, okay.

Can we agree to rephrase the question?

In the past when you have been beaten by superior shooters, what was the crappiest handgun used to do it?

I used to some damage with a Taurus PT 100 (fixed sights) and a nylon holster.

However, I shoot in northern California and with the proximity to the Bay Area and their money, I've always been whooped by guns from Limcat, CGW and other notable 'smiths.

Rich

At an Area 6 match 4 or 5 years ago, I was fortunate enough to be humbled by Jerry Miculek. On one stage, every shot was fired through PVC pipes. I was very cheap, and decided to shoot lead bullets for that match. (Actually, I think I didn't plan my time right and lead was the only thing available in the time frame.)

Oh, Jerry's 625 broke. Click, click, click, click, click, click, bang! click, click, bang! click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, bang! Finally, he figured out that he could thumb cock, or fan, his revolver, and it would fire.

I think it took Jerry about 45 seconds to shoot the stage. Personally, I'm still waiting for the smoke to clear out of some of those pipes so I can finish the stage! :blink:

Tokarev beat me like I owed him money with his Filipino Pimp Gun, a 9mm Rock Island Single Stack, that he later sold to Merlin who apparently lost it in a poker game to a midget prostitute named Lola. Okay, the Lola the midget prostitute part is fake but the rest is true.

There is an old range story (this is your truth disclaimer) about Ken Tapp showing up to his first Bianchi match with a box stock GubMint model, wearing bib overalls with no shirt and using a grocery sack for a range bag. If you followed Bianchi or Pin shooting much, you saw how that turned out.

Zookeeper smoked my ass at Targeting Education a couple years ago with a round gun.