Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Defensive Edge

outerlimits

if you're looking for shawn carlock to do any work on yer shotgun, forget it. i emaile shawn about his interceptor latch mod, and he told me he's so far behind on long range rifle suff, he has opted not to do anything else. but, he did mention a "fix kit" for the interceptor latch deal. hoping to hear from himsoon on that.

Edited by outerlimits

Just hung up with Shawn. If anyone's interested in a rifle with as much muzzle energy at 1K that a 308 has at the muzzle, he can set you up with a 408 Cheyenne necked down to 338. Just for giggles he likes to ring 12" plates at 1600 yards with it.

It's amazing. Every time I talk to the guy, he's pushing the boundaries of what a rifle is capable of doing. I think he's well on the way to making 50 BMG obsolete.

http://www.defensiveedge.net

I was about to send him my shotgun so I called him last week and got the bad news. I was planning on sending him my shotgun last year but never got around to it. He did mention he was planning on making the interceptor latch mod a kit for the do-it-yourself people but he didn't know when he'll get around to doing that.

• 3 weeks later...
I was about to send him my shotgun so I called him last week and got the bad news. I was planning on sending him my shotgun last year but never got around to it. He did mention he was planning on making the interceptor latch mod a kit for the do-it-yourself people but he didn't know when he'll get around to doing that.

My local gun smith defiantly cannot load like Shawn but he sure can cut some steel. They are excellent, Shawn did my 1100 and JoJos did the 870 hard to tell apart I would defiantly vouch for their workmanship and honesty and they will not rip you of.. One of the top uspsa competitors uses only their guns. I am going to attach their link. Just tel them that Vladimir referred you. http://www.jojosgunworks.com/index.html

PS and Shawn if you are reading this. I would never had post this if you still did the job. You are an awesome gunsmith and I thank you for all the help and advice you have given me. Now I just need to save some money for one of your rifles. :bow:

Edited by 1911vm