Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock "aftermarket" ejectors

Radical Precision Designs

I've just been wandering about this.

With the growing interest in the use of Open Glocks, there will also be a desire to "re-design" many of its parts for "enhanced" behaviour, needed to meet the new limits of performance expected.

There are already a few "tinkering" manufacturers making some parts for it. Most of them are getting something accomplished, while others are spinning circles in search of a better mouse trap. The trend is there. There is no stopping it.

Some shooters are "lowering" the ejection ports for better extraction/ejection with the use of C- More sights... but there is not really much "tuning" that can be done to the present factory ejectors to go in with this port lowering ...

Glock ejectors are easy to remove and change ... if there was a reliable source for a better one ... Is there ????

I remember a front sight article about Dale Rhea and his tricked out glocks. The article mentioned him heating and hammering the factory ejector to make it longer, then (perhaps?) filing it until it was just right. He probably knows as much or more than anyone about experimenting with the Glock.

Many people thought there was no way of improving the "1911", but look now. Today's 1911/2011 is not the same our grandpa's used to shoot ...

Not to mention that, for the purpose you mentioned (shooting a Glock w/ a scope), the stock ejector ain't exactly what you'd call "perfection"... <_<

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/Rhea.ivnu

Found this with a quick search.

I checked out that site. Very interesting. Has anyone tried/used one of these ejectors from Dale Rhea ???

I run one on my G34 when shooting a comped KKM barrel & CMore|Carver Hunter Model setup. Without it (and without lowering the ejection port), every now & then a case would bounce back to gum up the works especially, when using lighter weight loads. After popping in Dales housing with modified ejector it not only slings 'em clear but I was able to go from an 11 LB spring to a 13. Running the stock barrel I still use the 13 LB spring and just switch back to the OEM housing & ejector.

I shoot a open glock with a melted jpoint. On my open glock from time to time ejection, extraction, and feeding have been an issue. Although it is a Glock it still is a open gun and they need some tinkering. A aftermarket ejector would sell very well I think. If you put set screws in for the trigger bar adjustment, and maybe inpove the area the trigger spring attaches I think it would be a good seller. Maybe make it out of aluminum and or steel (entire trigger housing).

If nothing else I would like to change the way my glock ejects so i don't have cases hitting the lens on my dot. Doesn't happen often but enough that the lens has some minor dings.

I am running a carver with a c-more, lowered the port about a 1/4" and was still getting the random jamb, per Bobby Carver I lowered the ejection port to just above the serial numbers with slight angle down towards the barrel and now it runs 100 percent. i am also using a 9lb 1911 spring but the gun still ran 100 percent with an ISMI 11lb. If the port is lowererd correctly there is no need for a modified ejector. one of the many good things about the carver mount is that if you don't feel comfortable lowering the port all you have to do is keep the c-more mounted in the most forward position. the only draw back is that there is quite a bit of gas/powder that ends up on the front of the lens.

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/Rhea.ivnu

Found this with a quick search.

I checked out that site. Very interesting. Has anyone tried/used one of these ejectors from Dale Rhea ???

Today I called B&B (Carver) and inquired about the Dale Rhea's extended ejectors. They "do" presently carry and offer them for sale. I placed an order for one. When I get it, I will test it and report back on it.

I spoke briefly with Brenda Carver ( I think it was her?) while placing the order, regarding this part and other items from Dale Rhea in their web-store. She informed me that a deal has been made between Tom Novak and Dale Rhea to manufacture these items at Novak's shop in Pennsylvania. A quick search in Novak's website did not turn any for the time being. Perhaps at a later date. On the meantime they should be available at the Carver's web site.