Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rifle scopes

A friend was telling me at a few people have put "lens caps" on the front of the ACOG making it easier to superimpose the reticle on to close targets. Is this a standard part, or custom? And, am I allowed to do it in tactical scope division.

A good friend of mine does that with his accupoint...I have shot it and it works great!

Several companys make them...but butler creek comes to mind.

Jim

Perfect! Just what I was looking for! Thanks guys!

A friend was telling me at a few people have put "lens caps" on the front of the ACOG making it easier to superimpose the reticle on to close targets. Is this a standard part, or custom? And, am I allowed to do it in tactical scope division.

http://www.progressivemachine.net/products.html

These guys have some GREAT high quality gear. If you are into shotguning, check out their four and six shell holders. Best on the market as far as I am concerned. Great supporters of the sport too.

TG

http://www.progressivemachine.net/products.html

These guys have some GREAT high quality gear. If you are into shotguning, check out their four and six shell holders. Best on the market as far as I am concerned. Great supporters of the sport too.

TG

TG,

Thanks for the tip. I'm set with shotgun gear. Mark Buchanan of 3gungear.com custom made everything to fit me!

SMSI,

For a right hander, the left eye is your field of view and your right is your line of sight. By covering the front lens, you only see the reticle (in the case of say an ACOG TA-11 you get a donut, chevron, etc.). Your eyes will naturally superimpose the two images together and you can engage close in targets with greater ease since your brain is not fighting with a magnified partial picture in the right eye.

This does work very well, but practice can also overcome its need.

Rich

SMSI,

For a right hander, the left eye is your field of view and your right is your line of sight. By covering the front lens, you only see the reticle (in the case of say an ACOG TA-11 you get a donut, chevron, etc.). Your eyes will naturally superimpose the two images together and you can engage close in targets with greater ease since your brain is not fighting with a magnified partial picture in the right eye.

This does work very well, but practice can also overcome its need.

Rich

hey rich-you might mention what happens when the donut or chevron is not dead center of the lens...not good.

• 1 month later...

Matt Burkett showed me that trick with the scope covers on a ACOG. 100 yard zero and by using the scope cover made it dead on for head shots at 15 yards. You would have try it for yourself. It might be different for everybody.