Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lefty Revo holster options

SRT Driver

Hi everyone!

It's time to blow the dust off of the revos but it seems my holster options are limited.

I'm a southpaw which probably will cause some issues. :blink:

I've got a safariland 003 and hate it!!!

I called Bladetech about the "race" version they supposedly have (that Rich Bitow used).. no one knows anything about it.

Limcat has a fabled revo version but I've not seen one in either Right or left hand.

CR Speed is an option BUT I looked at one a few years ago and the belt hanger screwed into the plastic since the bushing was too short when converted to left hand. Does anyone know if this changed?

Are there any other options?

Thanks!!!

The way to go in my opinion is the Hogue Speed Holster. With that you can go either left of right and it's a lot more comfortable and flexible than the Safariland.

With the Hogue you get it set up for a particular length and caliber.

The strength of the Safariland is that it doesn't much matter what barrel length you run.

Quite a number of the IRC shooters used the Hogue.

What gun will you use?

You could get a Blade Tech DOH. They have them in right and left hand. Your gun will be secure and you don't have to worry about it falling out. Any holster will be fast if you practice. I see many of limited big dogs using these so I know it is fast enough.

Viggen,

A 5" 625. The Hogue is one I hadn't thought of..thks!! It would be cool if it also fit my 7" 586 in Super for NRA AP too.

Cliff,

I really like my DOH for Prod/Limited..I might just stick with that instead of the oober race version.

CR Speed is probably the most recomended, the one's I've seen look pretty solid and quite a bit heavier than I thought they'd be.

If I'm not mistaken the Hogue uses those "Earth Magnets" in race mode. The few I know who've had them didn't really like them that much.

If you get a Kydex one, make sure it has a cut out in front of the top strap. I've got one, I think it's a Blade Tech, and it doesn't. I don't use it cause it keeps hanging up on the draw. A DOH would help some, but they have an issue with thumb clearance, at least on the Limited guns.

I use a CR Speed and it can be set up for LH really easy. the only problem I see might be the position of the release knob is on the inside and not very accessable.

another thead titled Just for fun (w pics) in the revo forum showed a LH leather SF holster and the owner stated he needed to get a new holster. Maybe you could buy it from him.

The CR speed works fine when switched over to the correct side :) . I haven't had any problems with mine at all. I actually like the release knob on the inside towards the body, no chance of it getting bumped by accident.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...