Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 8

mcb

I am trying to decide if I am going to shoot Limited-10 or Limited-6 (revolver :D ) at Area 8. I am sort of leaning towards Revolver but if no one else is going to show up with there wheelguns then I will just shoot Limited-10. I shot revolver at a sectional match last year and I was one of 3-4 revolver shooters IIRC. We get that many at my club matches. So I would love to get an idea of how many of you guys are shooting revolver at Area 8 this year?

Thanks

mcb

Currently according to the online squadding there are 4 BRT (rev) shooters registered for the Area 8 Championship.

Alan

BRT? That's a new one to me, what does it mean?

mcb

There are 6 revo on the self-squad list now.

Stan P

Rob P

Echo H

Dennis S

Gary F

Rob V

I'll be ROing one of the stages for the entire match, so I'll get to see you sometime during the weekend if you come. It looks as though Rob P [bob Perdue?] signed up to shoot with my squad on Thursday.

The self-squad list looks full for Sun and 1 slot for Saturday, with more openings on Friday.

Talked with George Jones yesterday at the Topton match, and Sat/Sun were pretty much full unless some peeps make changes and move to Fri, other wise it is Fri only for now. But then those of us that are shooting Thurs don't have a choice LOL

See ya all there, (even if I am shooting a bottom feeder, I am limiting my self to 8 rds ;-) but they are big rounds)

Alan

I'm waiting, hoping that my friend/teammate at work cancels his vaca for that weak(he said hes thinking about it). If he does I will be coming.

I have two teammates...one has area 5 shoot covered and the other area 8 :angry2:

41mag

Stan P

Rob P

Echo H

Dennis S

Gary F

Rob V

I'll be ROing one of the stages for the entire match, so I'll get to see you sometime during the weekend if you come. It looks as though Rob P [bob Perdue?] signed up to shoot with my squad on Thursday.

The self-squad list looks full for Sun and 1 slot for Saturday, with more openings on Friday.

Actually I will hopefully be RO'ing with you at Area 8. I might get to shoot with you Thursday and we'll be working the rest of the match. This will be my first big match as an RO, been RO'ing local matches for about a year. I am looking forward to getting to watch some of the really good shooters shoot on whatever stage I end up working.

Six revolver shooter, hmmm looking more like I might have to shoot the BRT.

mcb

I'm waiting, hoping that my friend/teammate at work cancels his vaca for that weak(he said hes thinking about it). If he does I will be coming.

I have two teammates...one has area 5 shoot covered and the other area 8 :angry2:

41mag

My buddy canceled his vacation so I should be there as well. Will put my application in the mail today.

How do you check the self squadding web site/page? It would be kinda nice to shoot with some wheel gun shooters for a change.

41mag

41mag,

As soon as George Jones receives your app he will email you a password and then you can complete your self squadding.

Until the you can view the current squadding at USPSA Self Squadding Page

Alan

Thanks Alan,

I just put the app in the snail mail thing, I should show up on the list in three or four days I guess.

See you all there!

41mag

Stan P

Rob P

Echo H

Dennis S

Gary F

Rob V

OK then...add me to the BRT list, my name has showed up on the self squading list. Looks like I will have to shoot Friday. Will wait and see if I can squad with another wheelgun shooter or two.

Pat S aka 41mag

• 2 weeks later...

Area 8 is less than a month away now. I ran into Pat and his wife at a local match [Airport Area Speed Shooters/McDonald Sportsmen's Club]. With both of them shooting BRTs, we had a total of 4, and he beat me out by about 20 match points to claim bragging rights to Top Revo shooter.

Great to know Pat will be at Area 8 with his revo. The more, the merrier.