Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOUISIANA GATOR CLASSIC 2007

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Bring Lots of Ammo!!

" I hate guns, but I love Ammo" Guess who said that? Yes, he is sponsored by an Ammo Manufacturer.

The stages are located here.

http://www.southernshootingcenter.com/la-gator-07.htm

Please ask any questions you might have.

The Local Shooters here are resourceful and usually willing to help fellow shooter in need.

Bottom line is that we want everyone to leave our match feeling that they've had a good time among friends enjoying our sport and surely wanting to return with more friends next year.

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"

Hi Guys. I am here for my annual "clear-things-up-" posting on the forum to eliminate any confusion. I am the RM for the Gator Classic and I can answer any and all questions without speculation or conjecture. Some of this will be redundant and most of what was posted is correct. So, here goes.......

The match is 12 stages, 3 medium courses (with classifier) and 9 field/assualt courses. The match is approx. 340 rounds. Bring lots of ammo. We prefer hi round counts with target-rich environments for your shooting pleasure. We are a "run & gun" match. Some of the stages are revolver neutral. Others are revolver friendly. Great care will be taken at set-up to prevent the stages from favoring more of one Division over another. However, it will impossible to please everyone all the time. There will be challenges for every Division and Class of shooter but fun for everyone, for sure.

The Gator Classic 2007 is a LEVEL I match. We will have to "graduate" to Level II next year for various reasons. We'll worry about that then. We have no intention of going to Level III. The benefits of Level III don't even EQUAL the expense.

The prize table last year had a retail value of over $30K. This year it will exceed a retail value $50K. Some of the prizes are purchased outright, usually with special accommodations from vendors, manufacturers, etc. The rest we have to beg, borrow or steal. Much of it is donated by vendors, manufacturers and local businesses. It takes a lot of work and just about all year to put that together. Gary and Barbara Thibodaux are solely responsible for the prize table and they are to be commended for their tireless and unceasing efforts.

This is a privately run match. However, everyone involved is a volunteer. No monetary profit is derived from this match. Some funds are set aside for unforeseen expenses after the match and for seed money for next year's match. The remainder is put back into the match.

Please feel free to direct any questions to me at this site or to my email: drjkev@msn.com . I will be happy to answer any and all questions concerning the match.

Thanks.

doc

Edited by shooter dude

A few other points:

The match is nearly full. We should reach our goal of 200 shooters by match time. There are a few slots left but very few. Squad requests are no longer guaranteed. Any shooters registering from this point will be plugged into the match, as singles, on a first-come, first-served basis.

All shooters will be on the range on Sat & Sun. We will shoot 9 stages on Sat. and 3 on Sunday. The schedule and squad lists are not posted. Most of you have found the stages. The link is listed in a previous posting. Shooting begins at 8am with a shooters' meeting at approx. 7:40 on Sat am only. The stages are set at 45 minutes. The chronograph will be included in Stage 2. So, get your "special" ammo and strategy together for that. Of course, RO's are instructed to reserve the right to pull ammo at any time during the match if they feel someone might be fudging or grabbed the "wrong" ammo by mistake.

We ask that you please be sure to let the range owners, Ricky & Merryl Pellegrin, know just how much you appreciate the use of their range. They will greatly appreciate it.

Onward.

doc

Doc,

Had a blast at the Monster Match in FL last weekend and got my blood up for the Gator Classic. The boys in Leesville can't say enough good things about it. Really looking forward to a fun weekend.

Donn

A boat would help...

As I sit and type this the rain keeps falling. It has rained all day and most of it was a hard rain. It is suppose to clear up tomorrow and be cool. I understand it will be in the 40's tomorrow night and low 60's in the day. Who knows what the next day will bring.

The range is in good shape and should be fine this weekend. You'll have a good time.

Buddy

We have a match tonight... I will come back to the office with a report, if need be... BUT, the pistol bays are 'biult up" so I don't think there will be any standing water.. the little creek beside my travle trailer FILLED UP last night, but @ 6:30 this AM it was back to normal... :cheers:

ya'll have a good one...

Bikes about loaded.

Leaving in the morning, if weather turns clear will travel the Natchez Trace parkway to enjoy the great outdoors with out the commercial traffic. Plan to camp on the lower end somewhere and finish the ride in on Friday.

Looking forward to a good weekend with friends and lots of shooting.

I wish every one a safe journey, see you there,

41mag

Doc here......been at the range since sunrise.....gorgeous day!! The range has some wet spots but should be in excellent shape by match time. The water that is standing is along the edges of the bays in question. It does not affect the shooting even at this point. It will only get better. The shooting areas on every stage are hi & dry. There's lots of grass and we had sunshine and a breeze all day.

We got all but two of the stages set up today. The only two left are 1 & 2, a medium course and the classifier. We'll take care of those first thing in the a.m. The RO's will begin shooting before noon, for sure, and probably by mid-morning. The stages look good and there's plenty of challenges for every level and each division.

We still have room for a few more shooters.......no squad requests, so don't even ask....shooters will be plugged in as singles where openings are available.

So, there you have it......onward!!