Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters on Parade... again

SiG Lady

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it is a good thing or not. Once you learn the trigger, it will spoil you for anything else. all the HOT ROCKS better look out now.

Let us know how you do with it in the first match.

Yesterday's test-fire was orgasmic.  :D  B)

SiG Lady,

I've done a pretty fair amount of shooting, but never achieved orgasm (or near orgasm) personal response on the line......... I guess it is just performance anxiety on my part!! ;)

Are we going to have to change your moniker to "1911 Lady"?????

By the way, did you get my "note" from when we were in the "cyber-hood" the other evening? :P

Best,

Jeffro

Jeffro--

Yes, sent back a reply, too. I've had some minor glitches on my system the past two nights and rebooting was the order of the moment. I suspect server traffic between 7pm-9pm is heavy downtown and loads up the space, but my ISP (as nice as they are in other ways) keeps denying it's busy. (Heck, I used to work for 'em down there--I know it gets busy!)

Well, anyway--No name change in the future unless someone at the local range lays a really clever new name upon me. I'm keeping my duty and carry SiGs because I still like them a lot, however, and will keep them warm with occasional practice sessions. The 1911 pictured in this thread is a loaner and a fave piece belonging to a friend. Fellow shooters are really something else sometimes. Talk about trust...!

My gut-level reaction to the test-firing session was simply the final step in a week or so's meditating on choosing the right ammo and the right blaster. To find myself suddenly with a terrific-if-not-totally-perfect bailout arrangement in an unbelievably awkward moment literally hours before spring league started was nothing short of... well... YOU choose the suitable word. :D But the really interesting point was: I knew it was going to be the right gun for the task. And indeed it was. Hey, and the bonus was: This same shooting buddy's wife thought this was all a great idea, too!

L2S--

The 1911 displayed is a loaner, so am using it as is. And it's actually a nice fit, too, as it turns out--just about perfect. I do happen to like rubber grips and all, but will reserve final judgment until a couple more test-fires with different materials take place.

Just got a call from my reloader whose wife's custom-tweaked competition Kimber IS for sale. I smell another deal on the horizon. Or at least another very informative test-firing. :D

The "dark side" is looking better every day. :ph34r::)

1911's are like potato chips so beware, you can't have just one! I have three 1911's, or widebody variants, and I can think of two or three others really quickly that I would like to have. Good luck with the loaner in the league.

-ld

Gosh, GUNS are like potato chips... there's always something to drool over under the counter and something more that will "round out" your "collection" and something more that we "can't live without." In adding a .45 to my collection, the blaster I'll have to sacrifice is likely (spooky music under) the Glock34. It has the habit of ejecting each and every casing right straight into my eyes (or nose) and both the blink reflex and the burns under my eyes from casings getting firmly stuck UNDER my goggles is getting to be a bit much. No other gun I've owned or used has done that with such persistence and perversity. As someone on this Forum said recently, "So much for Glock Perfection." My apologies to Flex, but I think it's going to have to go, or I'll need cosmetic surgery before much longer.

Sig,

My comment was only a suggestion, because that particular grip makes easiliy reaching all the controls harder for me. I think you would be even more please with the combo I suggested, but that is the cool the about the 1911, they are a ton of things to try out.

Heh-heh...

That's what Trey said some months ago.... B)

You're very kind. I'm keeping the SiGs. I still like 'em. Especially the P-229.

Other stuff: I should've scanned the gorgeous Kimber that just visited my house about an hour ago. I knew about this one a few weeks back but didn't realize it was available until the word got around that I was "looking." It's been customized by one of our talented in-house 'smiths, and its owner put all but 1,200 rds thru it and decided not to shoot any more. It's really, really nice. A quick test-fire soon on my part and we'll see. I can hardly wait. :D:D:D

Soon this frame will return as a Benny Hill gun.

Mark,

Be sure he gets the grip small enough so "Little Mark" can get his hand around the grip........ don't want him loosing grip going through the various stages! :P:D

Jeffro

Heh-heh...

That's what Trey said some months ago.... B)

You're very kind. I'm keeping the SiGs. I still like 'em. Especially the P-229.

Here's a pic of mine before I refinished it:

7.jpg

Here is a really bad photo of it after I two-toned it along with my P220ST.

2-tone_1-tone-2.jpg:wub:

Ah, SiG-on-(what sorta looks like)-a-bearskin-rug...! :) (Flex is probably throwing up by now)(For that matter, perhaps so is Mark123). A SiG by any other name would be just as gorgeous, I swear!! A local Sheriff's detective I know thinks they're the Cadillac of duty guns. He then proceeded to give me some black talons for my P-239 on my birthday. :lol:

You know, you could (if you wished) just scan the actual gun on a flatbed scanner, process it a little, and post it. That's how the vintage 1911 came to be posted.

Well, well... Look what we scored today!

Took only about 1½ rounds of fire to decide on it. Whoa, did this turn out to be

a nice blaster or what! Looks almost ordinary, but boy, is it tuned! The

Force might well be with us now---for a change!! B)

I feel like I just won the Lottery...! :D

Kimber_Dons_JPG.jpg