Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on Vision Correction

rgkeller

I can't answer your question but I will tell you what my doctor did to help my vision. When I shoot open I use two contacts for distance. When shooting limited I use a distance contact in my left (non dominate) eye and a contact in my right eye that is for closer focus at the front sight.

Hope this helped.

I have fixed distance glasses set to the front sight. I can see the targets and I can definately see the sights. Shooting Open is not a problem IF and I repeat IF I am holding the gun out in front. If on the otherhand I am shooting prone and I have the gun in a bit, the dot gets squirrelly on me.

I do know that for me at least, I cannot use my Varilux lenses when actuall competing. I can go tot he range and shoot all day if speed is not a requirment. Problem is getting your head in exactly the right place so that the focus is correct.

Learned that one the hardway!

Jim

I had Lasik and I am 50 so I can't read without reading glasses. :(

So iron sites are a fuzzy mess without visionc correction but the dot on my C-MORE is perfectly round without correction.

I never did understand that. :wacko:

FM

Go visit your friendly neighborhood ophthalmologist. :)

In my case the multiple misshapen dots were the result of cataracts. It could also be from astigmatism. I had both.

And after that visit and my new glasses, will the dot be a dot again?

Surely someone here has shot open before and after distance correction eyeglasses.

In my case the multiple misshapen dots were the result of cataracts. It could also be from astigmatism. I had both.

Surely someone here has shot open before and after distance correction eyeglasses.

I have and don't know what to tell you; the dot never changed for me after Lasik.

Everything else did though.

Have you tried tuning the dot brightness down a notch?

I have to turn mine down one click and it gets rid of any imperfections.

My only other suggestion would be to go to an eye DR versus an ophthalmologist.

Keep us up to date!

FM

After cataract surgery the multiple dots became one slightly misshapen dot. The lenses which correct the astigmatism make it one nice perfectly round dot. :)

So it is quite possible you will be back to seeing one nice dot after your ophthalmologist figures out exactly why you are not seeing it perfectly now.

I took both my Limited and Open gun with me when I had my eyes checked. We tried all different combinations until we found the right one for each gun. See if your Dr will let you bring your guns.

It is mandatory with my Dr.! :)

FM

I need distance corecction and without my glasses all dots "star-up" on me. When I put on my specs they tighten up, same as oncoming headlights.

I wear contacts for distance. I spent a lot of time talking with my doctor about what I need to be able to well. A simple contact lens to correct the distance problem and I don't have any problems with either the dot or targets.

• 3 months later...

I wear progressive lenses normally, lasik was not an option in my case. Recently I have purchased some fixed power sunglasses and clear reading glasses. This has put my front sight back in focus and blurred the targets to a degree. Seems overall to have improved my shooting, but is there a better way? The two different lens option sounded interesting? Anyone else trying that? It's heel to get old :(

I use a removable bifocal attached to the top of my dominate eye lense(1.25). I purchased a set from safetyglasses.com - I think they are available at Walgreen's. Less than $10.00 and work well for me.

There was a thread earlier this summer regarding aging eyes

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...oveable+bifocal

Edited by Throwin Lead