Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy reloading supplies in DFW Metroplex

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy reloading equipment and supplies in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex? Also, what are some of the better online sources? I haven't been shooting for a while, and when I was reloading regularly, I'd just buy my supplies at Gateway Rifle and Pistol in Jacksonville. Or when I was in Alaska, a bunch of us would get together and place a large order to help with the shipping cost.

So, I'm not a new shooter, but need assistance because I've been out of the loop for several years now. I used to buy through TNT Reloading. I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

Cabelas is just up the road here, but like a lame-ass I haven't gone there yet so I don't know what they have or if it's anything like their website....they sure have a lot of stuff online.

Jacksonville, FL. I lived and shot down there for a year. Following a job opportunity, I left for Nashville, TN, and basically quit shooting. I left Nashville after 8 months for Fort Worth, TX, and all my time was spent selling guns instead of shooting them. Now, I'm working at a gun and knife distributor, which means a normal Monday through Friday job, which leaves Saturdays open again.

Catch me at a local match and I'll tell you all the secrets!!!

Mick, why are there secrets? Isn't this forum about sharing? :ph34r:B)

Midway isn't the worst way to go either, if you do the online thing. Decent prices, fast shipping. Not as cheap as Powder Vally but close.

Not in Texas, but a great resource. Powder Valley in Kansas is pretty sweet on their prices and delivery is fast!

Rich

Another vote for Powder Valley. I believe that is where your powder gets shipped from if you order from Midway - might as well order direct. They'll also save you on the HAZMAT charges by packing up the primers and powder into one box. I had 10k primers and 16 pounds of powder come the other day. (tough one to explain when it arrived at the office! :blush: )

Midway isn't the worst way to go either, if you do the online thing. Decent prices, fast shipping. Not as cheap as Powder Vally but close.

Ask him where people practice while your at it....more info the locals don't seem to want to part with....

Ask him where people practice while your at it....more info the locals don't seem to want to part with....

I'm local to DFW.

Practice - Dallas Pistol Club

Reloading components - Sportsman's Warehouse in Lewisville (when they can get stock, iffy lately), Powder Valley, or a major USPSA match like Area 4 (Shreveport), Texas Limited (Breckenridge), Space City Challenge(Houston)