Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

V V N320

Mick

Isn't Hogdon going to carry the VV line.....thought I heard that somewhere....

DougC

Hodgdon told me that a few months ago. They didn't mention a timeline, just that they were

going to start carrying VV powders. Powders mentioned were N310, 320, 330, 340, 350,

3N37, 3N38 and N105. Going to be distributed through existing Hodgdon channels.

Bill

I heard that hogdon as well as kaltron where going to carry it. That was what I was told by the rep from hogdon. Theyn have containers coming in to the country but dont know what is in the container(I cant believe that in this day and age 1 company doesnt know what is being shipped to them, after all, it on ly requires a fax or email.). All the uncertainty surrounding VV is why I am expierementing with new powders for open and limited. <_<

I dont know about the first 2 companys you mentioned but Practical shooting supplies is out of business and has been for at least 2-3 yrs. He's right in my area(within25miles) and has been selling anything for quite a while.

I dont know about the first 2 companys you mentioned but Practical shooting supplies is out of business and has been for at least 2-3 yrs. He's right in my area(within25miles) and has been selling anything for quite a while.

:lol: ooops. His website still works. I wondered why I hadn't seen Jack in a while.

I just got a 4 pounder from www.powdervalleyinc.com last Thursday. Midway USA have them too.

If you buy from midway it ships from powder valley. So why not just get it there anyway. They offer good service and will ship powder and primers under one hazmat.--------------Larry

• 4 weeks later...

N320 Substitute: Single Base Solo 1000. So far, so good. (did I mention that its single base like N320?).

Nevermind the leftover sitting around at the retailers, we need to find out if its going to be imported to the US at all.

To date, there was only ONE US distributor: Kaltron-Petibon. Every grain of V V burnt by reloaders in the US came from Kaltron Petibon - even if it made 2,3, 10 stops along the way.

Now looks like there will be only one US distributor: Hodgdon. I hope that is correct as Hodgdon is sold all over the place. Now if we could only get Vectan again in the USA . . .

Edited by Carlos

It is getting harder to find VV here in Alaska and the price is going out sight, I was looking at getting some N320, N340 the other day and the price for N320 was $32 a lb. and N340 was $26 a lb. Well I had to pass on it, I will start looking for some other type powder to use.