Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I get V.V. N105?

PistolPete

Last I heard from my supplier was end of this month! ;)

I'll believe it when I see it.

I was going to order another 16lbs of the 4756 but maybe I'll wait to see if the N105 is avail. How nice would it be to have this wonderful powder again?

I was going to order another 16lbs of the 4756 but maybe I'll wait to see if the N105 is avail. How nice would it be to have this wonderful powder again?

I don't know if this was new stock of something on the shelves for months, but I picked up a pound of N350 at 10 Ring in Spring Cypress, Texas (just northwest of Houston). They had several bottles of N105 sitting there.

Bill

I don't know if this was new stock of something on the shelves for months, but I picked up a pound of N350 at 10 Ring in Spring Cypress, Texas (just northwest of Houston). They had several bottles of N105 sitting there.

Bill

If you're shooting the Double Tap and want to go back and pick up all of that N105 for me, I'll send you some money quick :devil:

Bill

Sorry, called them today and no N105, must have sold it :(

Well, I only have about 4lbs. of 4756 left and I need more powder. Should I buy another 16lbs of this stuff or should I just get 8lbs in hopes the N105 will be avail? I'm thinking 16lbs. will last me another 2 months or so and if the N105 is avail. by then I can use the 4756 as a backup? Thoughts?

I've had pretty good test results with VV 3N38. I find it to be about as similar to N105 as I have seen. I have even used it in some local matches to save my stash of N105 rounds.

Edited by nhglyn

I've had pretty good test results with VV 3N38. I find it to be about as similar to N105 as I have seen. I have even used it in some local matches to save my stash of N105 rounds.

I shoot a Brazos 4.5" Open gun and Bob said not to use the 3N38 in his guns as it causes pressure issues. I've heard a lot of good things about the 3N38 from a lot of other shooters. The 4756 isn't bad and the price is really attractive. However, the dot bounces up and down a LOT more than with the N105. The N105 hits your hands a little harder but the dot stays still. Makes for picking up the dot a lot quicker.

I ended up ordering 16lbs. of the 4756 so I don't have to worry about running out of powder.

I shoot a Brazos 4.5" Open gun and Bob said not to use the 3N38 in his guns as it causes pressure issues. I've heard a lot of good things about the 3N38 from a lot of other shooters. The 4756 isn't bad and the price is really attractive. However, the dot bounces up and down a LOT more than with the N105. The N105 hits your hands a little harder but the dot stays still. Makes for picking up the dot a lot quicker.

3N37 is one I recommend against. The 3n38 should be fine. I like the way it shoots and it is a little more dense than either 4756 or 105 so it sits in the case better. Charge amounts are similar to the 4756. It does seem to flash more than the others.

Don't expect the "shortages" on VV powders to subside any time soon. I have been playing this game for 6 years and it has never changed. Alot of us stay away from their powders completely because of the poor distribution. I suspect that these products will always be hard to find.

What's your load?

Right now I am shooting 10.1 of 3N38 with a 125 gr Zero JHP and getting 169-170 pf out of my Brazos Pro Sx. As Bob mentioned, you do get quite a fireball sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, false alarm. They do have it on their website but I just called them and they do not have it in stock. They said 3-4 weeks but, as we who have been waiting for it for a year can testify, we have heard that before. :angry2:

The wait goes on!