Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wild revolvers/conversions

Patrick Sweeney

I had a customer once who wanted me to take his 625 and ream the chambers to .45 Win Mag, for use on pins.  (Like .45 +P wasn't enough?)  I turned him down, but someone else didn't.  What was really strange was that he didn't get it Mag na Ported, which I would have assumed would be standard for hard-kicking pin whacking guns.

Seen anything stranger?  Just curious.

Bottleneck cartridges don't seem to work well in revolvers, witness the 221 Jet or the .44 Mag necked down to .357 conversion that somebody was doing some years back in an attempt to reach ultra velocities. Seems the cases backout on firing and bind on the recoil shield big time!

As far as "Hi-cap" .32 Mags for ICORE are concerned, there are three that I know of, an 8 shot made by guy who made the first 7 shot .357 cylinders, (John Bauman (sp?)), a nine shot and the ultimate a 10 shot. Those are the only three I am aware of. None of these revolvers seem to be currently campaigned.

(Edited by SmallPaul at 7:08 pm on Jan. 20, 2003)

Quote: from SmallPaul on 9:51 pm on Jan. 20, 2003

Bottleneck cartridges don't seem to work well in revolvers, witness the 221 Jet or the .44 Mag necked down to .357 conversion that somebody was doing some years back in an attempt to reach ultra velocities. Seems the cases backout on firing and bind on the recoil shield big time!

(Edited by SmallPaul at 7:08 pm on Jan. 20, 2003)

I'm wondering what if any help the moonclip would give to this.

Not really wanting that kind of gun, but a 9x25 dillon revolver would be about as obnoxious as you can get.

TEd