Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Targeting Education USPSA match

Sharyn

Targeting Education

With a few forum members featured... including a revo shooter! :lol: What a fun squad we had! Nice to meet and shoot with you, Phil. :D

This was a really fun match! Thanks to all that helped put it together and worked so hard at the IPSC Qualifier as well. Great job!!!!

And thank goodness I beat Flexmoney and his "Open" gun! :lol:

I hope Joe enjoys watching this while pocketing corporate dinero... :P

Targeting Education

With a few forum members featured... including a revo shooter! :lol: What a fun squad we had! Nice to meet and shoot with you, Phil. :D

This was a really fun match! Thanks to all that helped put it together and worked so hard at the IPSC Qualifier as well. Great job!!!!

And thank goodness I beat Flexmoney and his "Open" gun! :lol:

I hope Joe enjoys watching this while pocketing corporate dinero... :P

Damn Sharyn... you rock!

There isn't any of you guys who don't kick butt. I watch this kind of stuff and know there is a long road ahead.

Oh, and Smitty is the terminator. :)

Edited by JThompson

Sharyn, Thanks for the video, as always, it's great.

It was good to meet /shoot with you and Shannon. Thanks for the tip on the popper stage!

Great match and great staff. Special thanks to Jeff and Linda for the last minute registration.

Phil

I'd love to hear the FLEXMONEY OPEN GUN story. B)

Not too much to it.

I was shooting a G34 (9) that I recently acquired. The guy before me had ground down the slide stop/release quite a bit. I had brought my G35 (40) along for spare parts and figured I'd swap out the slide stop/release before the match...which I did.

But, the G35 was a 3-pin version and the G34 was a 2-pin version. So, I had the wrong part. (The older 2-pin 9mm's require the part with the extra little tab on the top.)

I noticed it, but didn't think much about it. I had a jam on the first little stage...which I thought might have been a dirty mag. The next stage was a big field course. I think I had a jam with at least 4 different mags. So...wrong part = gun no run.

So, I put the regular part back in and found the Range Master to get myself put into Open division. I had my big sticks with me. I decided to have some fun with it. Which I did.

It was fun cranking up the speed dial to...eleven. B)

Great match, the crew did an outstanding job. The RO's really worked their tails off this match.

Thanks. The last stage may have looked good on video but after the crappy match I shot I was letting it hang out a bit. The hits were poor at best and non-existent in one case. :-)

Good looking video there Sharyn, as always.

That range looked small, but nice. most of it covered with what looked like an arbor of some sort?

All the shooting bays had baffles over the shooting area due to being in the middle of a large expensive housing complex. This made stage setup an extra tough, but Larry and Jeff pulled it off.

MDA

Outkast? Great song choice Sharyn! I look forward to the day that I make your highlights reel ;-)

It was fun cranking up the speed dial to...eleven. B)

And since that's "One more than ten" I know you had a great time B)

Thank you everyone and... you're welcome! So glad you enjoy the videos!

Thanks for the tip on the popper stage!

Don't fall out of the box on the activator target?... or, make sure the steel you hit falls down??? :lol::lol::lol:

I look forward to the day that I make your highlights reel ;-)

Micah, funny you say this... :D Sometimes I try to start the video off with some sort of picture that captures the essence of the match (a la duckie in mud pond)... At Area 6, someone sitting in front of me at the awards was inadvertently showin' some butt crack... you have no idea how tempted I was... you can thank Smitty for literally saving your ass. ;):P:lol:

Great match, the crew did an outstanding job. The RO's really worked their tails off this match.

Thanks. The last stage may have looked good on video but after the crappy match I shot I was letting it hang out a bit. The hits were poor at best and non-existent in one case. :-)

Hose and pray, or frustrated spray? :P

It was still cool to watch. :)

"Falling out of the box"

I saw that, but it isn't about the things that pop up... it's how you recover from them. ;)

Edited by JThompson

Micah, funny you say this... :D Sometimes I try to start the video off with some sort of picture that captures the essence of the match (a la duckie in mud pond)... At Area 6, someone sitting in front of me at the awards was inadvertently showin' some butt crack... you have no idea how tempted I was... you can thank Smitty for literally saving your ass. ;):P:lol:

LOL! I usually wait until the after party to show my ass :lol: