Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Mags?

trkychsr

Way back when I shot a .45 I only had complete success with Wilson. What gun and caliber are you using??

I think a mag will last around 149-150 years assuming you do not stomp it or let it rust to pieces. Might need to replace a spring once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote: from Singlestack on 4:32 pm on July 27, 2002

I use both the Wilson's and the Chip McCormic's. The Wilson's are good but I like the fact that the CM's are shorter. They are easier to handle IMO and when tuned properly, just as reliable as the Wilson's.

Hi, Singlestack. Just wondering  how you tune the chip mccormick mags?  Also, do you use the 8 or the 7-roundres?  Back here I could only find the McCormick mags.  I once found some wilson 7-rounders but they cost twice that of the Powermag 8-rounders.  Thanks.

Bill,

I thought you were a Limited shooter....

mcoliver,

I was refering to (and I thought you were too) 10 round mags. The only tuning I have had to do on either brand was to make them drop free. If one gets sticky, I lay it on a flat surface and pound it with a hammer (really) until the sides are flat again.

I thought when you mentioned tuning you were doing something similar to what Brian was doing in the SV(?) mags with the springs.  I don't think I have enough magazine because I've never had one stick (at least not yet, but that hammering thing may come in handy one day).  Dumb question (and sorry to be off-thread) but will a gov't-sized 1911 fit in an IPSC box (for Standard Div.) with a 10-rounder? Thanks.

I used to be on the same boat as singlestack (wilson and mcormic, and the shorter thing) however I have gone exclusivly to wilson cause they always work.  I also find I make smoother reloads with the wilson's.  The McCormic's feed lips stick out a little further and tend to catch the edge of my mag well just at the wrong time.