Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems Reloading For The 625 In 45acp

BillD

I use the Moon Checker for match loads, if they stick I check them out. And if I miss one it'll still work.

But then I only load my Clips one way!!! :D:D:D

Seriously I keep it in my range bag, in case I drop a clip or am otherwise worried if it'll fit. Some might get a bit frantic with checking a moon clip in the Safe Area. P.S. I've never had to use it though.

I'm pretty sure JM will brush out his chambers to get all the flakes from the Bullseye he uses out. He'll also clean/check under the star.

Welcome to the fray BillD, going to any matches with your Revo?

I plan on going to some local ICORE matches with it. I just got it because a bunch of my buddies shoot ICORE and I like to shoot with them. I doubt it will take over for my 1911.

I plan on going to some local ICORE matches with it. I just got it because a bunch of my buddies shoot ICORE and I like to shoot with them. I doubt it will take over for my 1911.

NEVER say never

Hmmmmm! Famous last words! :rolleyes: It can become addictive.

I started out with a 1911 and used one for 20+ years. Once Revo Division came into being I haven't been able, despite wild night dreams/sweats about blazing thru a COF with a string of brass out one side and tracers streaming into targets like a mini-gun, my hair on fire and smoke wisping in my wake.... I can't seem to put the d!#* Round Thing away!!!! :unsure:

Maybe it's the group currently in Revo, I don't know but once in it's tough to get out.

I started out with a 1911 and used one for 20+ years. Once Revo Division came into being I haven't been able, despite wild night dreams/sweats about blazing thru a COF with a string of brass out one side and tracers streaming into targets like a mini-gun, my hair on fire and smoke wisping in my wake.... I can't seem to put the d!#* Round Thing away!!!! :unsure:

Maybe it's the group currently in Revo, I don't know but once in it's tough to get out.

And once you learn the secret handshake and pass through the initiation hazing ritual it's kinda hard to go back. ;)

Revolver Division......the Hotel California of USPSA.

Welcome to the Hotel Volvelero,

It's a lovely place, it's a lovely place, it's a lovely place,

Plenty of room at the Hotel Volvelero,

Anytime of year, anytime of year, you can find us here,

Relax said the RO, we are programmed to decieve,

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Definitely Twisted, but no Pretty Boys here.

so thats why my 1911 is gathering dust and rust.

did i read that right.

JM uses Bulleye??

He must pay someone to clean his guns. That has to be the dirtest stuff arround.

Shoot Great and Consistant Though.

...naahhh, I don't think "Scary Jerry" does much cleanin'...saw him do a "Demo" at the local Indoor Range/Gun Shop about a year and a half ago, and MAN, were his guns DIRTY!!!...he SAID he had one K-frame "Performance Center" gun that hadn't been cleaned in NINE YEARS!!!...probably a SLIGHT exaggeration, but...BOY, were they DIRTY!!!...FWIW....mikey357

...naahhh, I don't think "Scary Jerry" does much cleanin'...saw him do a "Demo" at the local Indoor Range/Gun Shop about a year and a half ago, and MAN, were his guns DIRTY!!!...he SAID he had one K-frame "Performance Center" gun that hadn't been cleaned in NINE YEARS!!!...probably a SLIGHT exaggeration, but...BOY, were they DIRTY!!!...FWIW....mikey357

I stayed at the same motel 2 years ago at the IRC. At the end of the shooting day I saw him breaking down his gun. He brushes the cylinders between stages, also.

That having been said, I don't think I have ever seen a dirtier exterior of a cylinder. He doesn't seem to bother with that.

I guess it's like he says in his video. "If it doesn't contribute to down range performance, I'm not going to do it"

I stayed at the same motel 2 years ago at the IRC. At the end of the shooting day I saw him breaking down his gun. He brushes the cylinders between stages, also.

That having been said, I don't think I have ever seen a dirtier exterior of a cylinder. He doesn't seem to bother with that.

I guess it's like he says in his video. "If it doesn't contribute to down range performance, I'm not going to do it"

Maybe he's a devotee of "Grunge". I thought it was a NW Coast thing, but hey if it works for him.

It's probably an intimidation factor, kind of like a really worn looking 1911. JM has to "Worry" :blink: about every edge you know! ;)

And once you learn the secret handshake and pass through the initiation hazing ritual it's kinda hard to go back. ;)

is that what you all did to me at the mid-west regionals

however I didn't get the handshake, just the shakes

which is why I didn't shoot well

is that what you all did to me at the mid-west regionals

however I didn't get the handshake, just the shakes

which is why I didn't shoot well

From The Rulebook, and I quote: "Each participant is permitted a maximum of three (3) excuses to explain their sorry performance at any given match."

That's one.

;)

• 4 weeks later...

I just reamed the chambers in my 625-8. Clymer reamer from Brownells. Fixed my "brass" problem. Wish I'd done it sooner. Still have plenty of other uses for my three excuses. Tom