Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P14 - P16 In Safariland 012 Holster?

benos

Will a Para fit in an 012 holster without modifying the trigger guard or the trigger block in the holster?

I did a search and found a few posts where some said they'd used a Para in a 011 and 012, but they didn't say if they had to modify anything.

Thanks,

be

My Para fit in my 012, but not well. The aluminum on the outside of the holster that comes up to completely cover the the trigger was hitting the frame near the mag catch. The gun would go in the holster, but it was cockeyed and wasn't fully engaged with the retention system. I ended up removing some metal from the holster in this area, and now it fits fine. - Jeremy

I have a P16 and had to do the same to my 012.

My Para fit in my 012, but not well. The aluminum on the outside of the holster that comes up to completely cover the the trigger was hitting the frame near the mag catch. The gun would go in the holster, but it was cockeyed and wasn't fully engaged with the retention system. I ended up removing some metal from the holster in this area, and now it fits fine. - Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 011 that fit three different Paras with no problems. They fit no different than my Springfield or my wife's Colt 1911. I never had to adjust anything.

At least one of my 3 Paras was an older one, built from a frame before Para started making complete guns. The trigger guard was noticeably thicker than any other 1911 I've had - thick enough that it wouldn't fit in a Limcat holster, where all of the others would.

One other thing to check on the 011 / 012 is the locking block. I've seen some where you can screw the tension knob in and the gun won't come out for anything. Not so with mine. I have the knob screwed in all the way, and the gun still comes out easily. It's fine for when I'm shooting, but I use a strap when I'm not up.

• 2 weeks later...