Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Msa Hearing Protectors

pjb45

I just got my pair of MSA Supreme Pro Hearing Proctectors from Kodiak Precision

These things are AWESOME!!

The fit around the ears is the best. The electronics are not to be believed!

I have had:

1. Dillon--which I liked very much

2. Pro Ear-very very good but heavy

3. Non-electronic--good for indoors but suck in a match

4. Foam ear plug--great if you do not want to hear anyone talk during a match.

These MSA are amazing. They can be pricey but not much more than retail on the Pro Ears.

Call Don about them for a great price.

gobaby

I bought the ones in the top left of your link. Mfg Number: 40863G-02

pj

They don't fit if you are looking for a direct replacement snap on type thing. However it is very simple to remove the existing foam pads and glue on the DC Gel ones.

Thanks. I've give those a try. I guess I have big ears so the 30% more interior room sounds like what I need. That's about the only complaint I have about the Sordins... not enough room for my Dumbo sized ears. With a bit more room, I could then double plug more often, which is a bit uncomfortable for me right now.

I actually just bought some Sordin specific gel ear pads a couple weeks ago from Tacticalcommand.com (where I bought my Sordins a couple years ago). They have an awful website, so i just called to order, but here they are: www.tacticalcommand.com.

They feel really good, and are a bit deeper than the ones that come with the Sordins, but I could still use a bit more room, so I'll try those David Clark ones.

• 4 months later...
I've received my MSA-Sordin earmuffs today.

Not satisfied, they click like hell when shutting down noises. I got a huge headache after using it for two hours.

Definitely I'm putting them on sale.

Did you get the MSA Sordin Basic or the Sordin Pro ??? Cause the Pro will electronicly filter out the loud noise. The basics will just block all the noise when it's there.

Damn, I have already shelled out the money and I'm on tight budget right now..gotta have to live with the basics until I can sold'em for a decent sum (not easy in Italy where spending 20euros for earmuffs is considered overkill...) :D:D

I tried them yesterday for all day.

Uncomfortables to the max, for me, I have small ears, but the cups where rubbing my ears after one hour, ambient noise is distorted, and the basics cut off every sound, not only fireshots, so you have the earpieces constantly going on and off, after a while I developed a HUGE headache.

Couple it with uncomfortable headband, uncomfortable earpieces, and reversed switches (WHY in the hell they put the plus button on the rear???)and I got the worst earmuffs I ever owned..

Ebay time, damn... B)

Edited by WARDOG

I just got my pair of MSA Supreme Pro Hearing Proctectors from Kodiak Precision

These things are AWESOME!!

The fit around the ears is the best. The electronics are not to be believed!

Which one the pro X or did you get the pro IV?

• 5 months later...

The wife noticed it first. And it wasn't a case of ignoring her. I really was listening but missed out on the conversation. So I got some new passive ear muffs. They are great. Stepped into the shooters box Saturday and the new muffs blocked out everything. After a while the RO tapped me on the shoulder to see if I was OK.

I guess I need both hearing protection and the ability to communicate at a level beyond just hand gestures.

Spent a goodly time trying to determine if I want the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro IV or the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X. These seem to be the models currently available in the U.S.A. The websites I found don't really give out a lot of information. Initially I thought the only differences between the two was the Pro X has more water resistant than the Pro IV, but I also noticed that the Pro X has a 5 year warranty. No mention of the Pro IV warranty.

Can anyone shed some light on the Pro IV warranty and if any extra time offered by the Pro X is recommended? Also, any differences between the two that would make the extra $35 or so worth it? Not a lot of money, but thats the entry fee for several local matches next month.

Thanks.

Bill