Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practice Vid

This is a video from my last practice, any comments or suggestions would be great.

one thing that I noticed is that my draw on a far / small target is very slow.

I was trying to work not rising back up when coming to a stop before shooting, not sure if I am staying low enough

Click Me

Edited by Supermoto

One the 1st and 2nd array... would it have been better to shoot the paper first, then the steel, since the paper is a larger target, easier to draw to and transistion to? or should I go with what seems to flow better for me...shooting left to right?

One the 1st and 2nd array... would it have been better to shoot the paper first, then the steel, since the paper is a larger target, easier to draw to and transistion to? or should I go with what seems to flow better for me...shooting left to right?

Likely much faster to shoot L to R or R to L, rather starting in middle.

I have learned not to have a favorite (L to R / R to L) as the stage needs to dictate which is smoother.

Work on getting pistol up as your coming into an aray, looks like you stopped & set up before taking the easy target you could see (shoot) coming in.

Your backing out shooting looked good...........

JH

What time do you guys start on Wed nights?

Steve, We start at 5pm go to 7pm. We are starting to get a good group of people coming. I think we had around 10-12 last time,

Thanks for the tip John, I was facing that easy target for awhile before I broke the shot. probably could have shot it the last 2 steps in and been ready for the others as soon as I stopped

I think overall it looked pretty good. I would say work on your draw, looked sluggish. I would also incorporate some harder shots in your practice, maybe 2 or 3 35-40 yard steel.

As far as shooting the L to R or steel first, try it both ways, and see what the best times are. Personally I like to enter on an easy target and leave on an easy target if all possible. But in this case I think I would have shot it the same way you did, just have to especially call a good shot on the last steel of the array, you dont want to do the yo yo thing of going back to the last steel after a miss when you are transitioning to the next array. Other than that keep practicing.

Mike,

Your efforts are paying off. Keep up the good work.

let's not encourage him too much, look back at his L10 scores! :(

I have enuf competition in open :o

(just kidding Mike, keep going!) :rolleyes:

i generally hate leaving on steel if yer gonna be hauling that fast and that far. there is a bit of a risk vs taking the time to engage the steel first, even if it's smaller. ultimately, you need to be able to do them both.