Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Safes

jbullgpd

In the market for a big safe. Getting my FFL and need storage capacity. Don't have the money to build a safe room, maybe next house, so need a big honkin safe. Has anyone ever heard of or bought one of these?

http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/

They have a 72x60x28 safe for just a tad over $2,000. That seems to me like a good price.

In the market for a big safe. Getting my FFL and need storage capacity. Don't have the money to build a safe room, maybe next house, so need a big honkin safe. Has anyone ever heard of or bought one of these?

They have a 72x60x28 safe for just a tad over $2,000. That seems to me like a good price.

Oh yeah, I have had one from them for a long time and have not had any issues whatsoever from it. I also thought that they were VERY reasonably priced.

This is the same company as Pentagon Safes. I ordered a safe door for the vault I just built in the new building. Pics as soon as the Concrete man removes the forms. Along with how we built it. I havent received the door yet. It should be here soon. I had allot of question so I talked with the owner. Seemed ok, maybe a tad to much salesmanship for me but I fell for it. If you want to wait until I get it I will let you know how it is when I get it. The door was 3200.00 but it was custom made, at least thats what the owner led me to believe. They did tell me 1 month and its been 2. Wasnt worried since the concrete ceiling was just poured last week. He wanted to let it cure at least a week before removing the forms.

:) I like Canon = they suport the sport and the safe is great. I don;t have one as big as you are talking about though

+1 on Cannon safes

Not big enough, lol.

This is the same company as Pentagon Safes. I ordered a safe door for the vault I just built in the new building. Pics as soon as the Concrete man removes the forms. Along with how we built it. I havent received the door yet. It should be here soon. I had allot of question so I talked with the owner. Seemed ok, maybe a tad to much salesmanship for me but I fell for it. If you want to wait until I get it I will let you know how it is when I get it. The door was 3200.00 but it was custom made, at least thats what the owner led me to believe. They did tell me 1 month and its been 2. Wasnt worried since the concrete ceiling was just poured last week. He wanted to let it cure at least a week before removing the forms.

Let me know how it goes for ya, I wish I could have done the safe room but I know I am not staying in this location so I don't want to waste the money. When I get THE house then will come the safe room.

Not big enough, lol.

Yea, not as big as the dimensions you quoted. Close.... They've got a shelving system (Tru-Rack) the actually holds the number of long guns they specify. Unlike some of the other makes.

Traditional54.jpg

Consider waiting until you get your FFL and sales tax certificate. Several safe vendors offer discounts to gun shops for safes. I saved about $400 on a $2100 safe this way.

Bill

You don't need the safe or secure storage area before getting the FFL?

Consider waiting until you get your FFL and sales tax certificate. Several safe vendors offer discounts to gun shops for safes. I saved about $400 on a $2100 safe this way.

Bill

You don't need the safe or secure storage area before getting the FFL?

If you ask ATF, no.......If you ask my insurance company then....yes....:)

I had a reason to be in LA awhile ago. I stoped in to see their operation and was impressed. I have known several people that bought them and had no problems. That being said, I did not see any difference between them and the Cannon safes. Since Cannon has a better warranty, that is who I went with.

Try a search. There must be a dozen threads on here about gun safes, which ones to stay away from, how to move them, how to secure them, how to keep rust from ruining your collection, and so on.

A lot of it comes down to your relative location from the manufacturer because shipping ends up being a big chunk of the cost of a safe.

• 4 weeks later...

:) I like Canon = they suport the sport and the safe is great. I don;t have one as big as you are talking about though

+1 on Cannon safes

Not big enough, lol.

Let me know how it goes for ya, I wish I could have done the safe room but I know I am not staying in this location so I don't want to waste the money. When I get THE house then will come the safe room.

Well I hate to say it but I wasnt impressed. The mechanics are not smooth or of the quality I would expect for the money I spent. It will do for now, will have to, but i am skeptical how long it will hold up. Also it took twice as long to get than promised and they didnt seem to have their stuff together. I wish i had gone with another door manufacturer.

This is who i should have used. Live and learn.

http://www.brownsafe.com/categories/estate...vault_doors.htm