Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable Sights For Sig P226

slidelock1

I've got an older Sig P226 with Trijicon night sights and the point of impact and sight picture are nowhere near each other. I am going to start shooting USPSA Production Division (so, this pistol is NOT a carry gun) and need some help choosing the right sights (front and rear) for this division. I like the "fire sight" concept (if that is the right word) but I cannot seem to find any sight pairs in Brownell's or Midway that are made for the Sig P226 slide except adjustable carry sights that I have installed on my P220, and are not particularly fond of. Any suggestions?

A popular combination seems to be a Warren Tactical rear sight (solid black) in combination with a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight. The U notch in the Warren sight and fiber optic front make this combo very fast to acquire.

I've installed and shot the TruGlo TFO (tritium fiber optic) on a standard p226 9mm, and was really impressed. Very bright and easy to see. They are fixed, but shot to POA after installed.

Meprolight makes a very nice rear sight for Sig 226. Check Midway. I personally would go with a Meprolight rear adjustable sight and a red fiber optic front sight. Dawson Precision part #021-004 should fit the bill.

Good Day Slidelock1, and et al.,

Yes, I'll second the recommendation on CDNN. I recently got a new to me 226. The point of aim and point of impact were definitely not the same. I looked about, made some phone calls and burned up bandwidth. Ended up finding pages that were not linked on CDNN but turned up in their search. Found the following page:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sigsauer10.html

I was not looking specifically for an adjustable sight. I was willing to entertain one if it was somewhat lower profile and reasonable in cost. I ended up getting several of the fixed sights and found the one that worked well for me. At the low prices listed, all is good.

In my search, I found there are the LPA < several series to consider >. I've also had good luck with LPAs on other pistol platforms. They are target style so they do stand out and have really sharp edges. MMC is another consideration, if you don't mind having to swap out the front too. I wish you well in your search.

I did manage to run that 226 in a match last weekend with pretty good results. I will need to get accustomed to that DA/SA along with working out the trigger reset being different than I'm familiar to.

Best of luck to ya! Keep them on target!