Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hs 6

AWLAZS

I just started working up hs 6 loads for 9mm. When I move the handle on my 550 to put the primer in I get powder falling from the powder measure like snow. Any one have a reason why it does this?

Thanks

Take a used Bounce sheet and cut it into 1" strips (across the width) and stick 2 of them in the top of the powder measure, leaving a bit to be locked on with the lid.

I use HS6 without issues of static cling.

So what you are saying is the static cling is making the powder stick or slow down has it drops into the empty case. I will give the bounce a try. I wonder if I can use a shot of cling free into the powder keg.

I have never had a problem like this before and never would have thought of ststic cling for sure.

Thanks guys

I just started working up hs 6 loads for 9mm. When I move the handle on my 550 to put the primer in I get powder falling from the powder measure like snow. Any one have a reason why it does this?

Thanks

Surefire cure is to switch to revolver, more room in the case ;)

Edited by nhglyn

• 4 weeks later...
I tried the cling free sheets. The powder still snows from the measure. Any other ideas

A couple of quick questions.

1. Is the powder falling through the powder dump tube or possibly around the powder measurement bar?

2. Is this a fairly well used powder measure? Any scoring marks on the measurement bar?

Bill

(I've used HS-6 for many years through two Dillon powder measures without this problem. But if you have the patience, we will keep trying to solve the problem.)