Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Holster For Sti Eagle?

Cuz

Right..no single action guns in Production division.

There should be a good home for it, however.

The Eagle is their 1911-based single stack gun with a polymer single-stack grip on it, correct? I'm guessing it's a 5 inch gun with a standard bushing (not bull) barrel ?

Blade-tech would likley be another holster option.

The Eagle is a double stack gun. However it is a short dustcover, bushing barreled gun. Which would make it a very good candidate for Limited or L10.

As has been stated you will not be legal for production but there are plenty of folks running the Bladetech DOH or Comp-Tac holsters in Lim and L10.

Here are links to the two holsters mentioned

http://www.comp-tac.com/ you would want the Belt Holster or Locking Paddle.

http://ghostholster.com/catalog/product_in...products_id=173 this is the Blade Tech DOH

Edited by smokshwn

A STI Eagle would not be a legal USPSA Production gun, it's a single action pistol. FYI.

Damn. You really know how to burst a bubble. And to think I was getting excited about shooting it in Production this year. That's what happens when you don't read the rules.

Ok, then I guess I need a Production holster for my Glock 17 instead. That should be ok to shoot, all I did was replace the sights with Dawson adjustable rears and Fibre optic fronts.

Please tell me that's ok.

-Cuz.

The Eagle is a double stack gun. However it is a short dustcover, bushing barreled gun. Which would make it a very good candidate for Limited or L10.

Your right, my mistake. (I was thinking STI or SV had built a plastic gripped, modular single-stack ? Ragardless...the Eagle isn't it.)

Yeah, a G17 with some Dawson sights is fine for Production. As other said the Eagle will be great in Limited or Limited 10.

For Kydex, I like Blade-tech's DOH for the G17. The DOH would be good for the STI too.

You might want to wait a bit before ordering that DOH for your G17. Let's make sure the

proposed 2008 rules that would ban the DOH in Production division are truly dead.

Bill

Bill,

Doesn't really matter as the new version of the DOH can be easily converted by removing the drop bracket and then you have a belt holster.

you may just want to order the bracket as then you can use the holster in IDPA as well.

Bill,

Doesn't really matter as the new version of the DOH can be easily converted by removing the drop bracket and then you have a belt holster.

you may just want to order the bracket as then you can use the holster in IDPA as well.

I don't currently shoot IDPA and am not really planning to, but I suppose it would be nice to have a holster that's legal for both.

Thanks,

-Cuz.

However it is a short dustcover, bushing barreled gun.

Interestingly, while the current pics on the STI site show a bushing gun, the specs say bull... And all the Eagles I've handled have been bull barrelled, as well... Hmm....

Either way, the gun could play in Limited or L-10... - Personally, I like the short DC weight better, anyhow...

However it is a short dustcover, bushing barreled gun.

Interestingly, while the current pics on the STI site show a bushing gun, the specs say bull... And all the Eagles I've handled have been bull barrelled, as well... Hmm....

Either way, the gun could play in Limited or L-10... - Personally, I like the short DC weight better, anyhow...

Mine has a bushing. They come both ways. I was told the Bushing was more popular because it's IDPA legal.