Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Nationals

Patrick Sweeney

Troy - It sounds like squadding this year will be as good or better than last year. 2006 was nicely done.

Well, at least for the revo guys it's not too hard. Most everyone has requested simply "other revolver shooters" or named people that actually are entered in the match.

A short tale from the Open: I had a bunch, like 20 or so, requests to shoot with "Bob Jones" (not his real name), with the note, "traveling together" to boot. So, I figure this guy must be driving the bus they chartered to get to Missoula, right? I asked my assistant match director about him, and he says, "Oh, Bob. Yeah, he's local". :wacko: So, who's name do I see on a squad request for this match? Yep, good ole "Bob Jones". 'Cept he ain't entered. I think it's just automatic.

Anyway, I'm working on the squadding now. We're still adding in some wait list folks, but it's progressing.

Troy

My only squadding request is that you don't put my revo squad behind one of the Super-Duper squad(s). Everybody knows wheelgun squads run faster than most, and when you add a squad in front of them that takes 5 minutes (each) to ask course questions and to LAMR and to argue calls and scoring, it gets to be a real drag waiting for them to finish.

I'm not talking about THE Super Squad of course, just any squad where more than half the members consider themselves "Experts" (or better) in any "Game" and all have matching shirts. That goes double if the matching shirts have something from a Chinese menu on them.

Or if their country of origin rhymes with "Jamaica".

Or if their underwear costs more than my gun.

Or if three or more of them must go to the bathroom if one of them must go to the bathroom. (This excludes the Ladies Super Squad of course)

:mellow:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WM - T Mainus and I are riding the motorcycles down. It's your state - make the weather nice.

For the last couple of years we've been burning the place off. This year we've been washing what's left down the river.

It oughta be just perfect for you when you get here. :closedeyes:

It oughta be just perfect for you when you get here.

Did you mean to say "It oughta be just perfect when you get here". 'Cuz that would be closer to the truth.

Hey by the way, I have been loading all my ammo for the Nats. Just to keep things interesting I am thinking about leaving the powder out of just one round and throw it in the mix. Kind of like Okie Roulette.

Hey by the way, I have been loading all my ammo for the Nats. Just to keep things interesting I am thinking about leaving the powder out of just one round and throw it in the mix. Kind of like Okie Roulette.

Don't you mean you're going to put powder in just one round and throw it in the mix :goof:

Tom

Don't you mean you're going to put powder in just one round and throw it in the mix :goof:

Tom

Nope, your both wrong. Okie Roulette is called "Farming" anywhere else. You'll play your version when you ride down. Remember, underpasses aren't safe from a tornado and hail stones bigger than golf balls have the same power factor as a .45 at 70 MPH. :surprise:

Does anyone have an up-to-date diagram or photo of the range? All the ones on the website are about 5 months old. The diagram shows three parking areas. Are these finished? What is the status of the main lodge? How far is it from the parking areas to the lodge and/or the shooting bays? I have tried google and everything else I could think of, but keep getting the same type pictures, which are out of date I hope.

10 days and a wake-up!! :D

Anyone know of anymore last minute entries in Revolver?

Does anyone have an up-to-date diagram or photo of the range? All the ones on the website are about 5 months old. The diagram shows three parking areas. Are these finished? What is the status of the main lodge? How far is it from the parking areas to the lodge and/or the shooting bays? I have tried google and everything else I could think of, but keep getting the same type pictures, which are out of date I hope.

10 days and a wake-up!! :D

Anyone know of anymore last minute entries in Revolver?

Go to the website and view the flyover video. It is the most current.

Range fly over

Now that we are close to all leaving home and hitting the road, what routes are popular for travel.

Taking Ray Hirsts' recommendation, my plan right now from the Northwest Illinois is:

QC to Hannibal to Jefferson City to Springfield to Tulsa. Planning on riding down on Saturday depending on weather forecast.

I know that we are all traveling different routes but WM, Dr. Dremel, Keith, and Tom I have all of yours. Hopefully I won't need them until dinner time Saturday night. If anyone else is traveling that way and needs another Cell # lifeline let me know.

Anyone up for a Revo dinner at the Rib Crib some night? :cheers:

Now that we are close to all leaving home and hitting the road, what routes are popular for travel.

Taking Ray Hirsts' recommendation, my plan right now from the Northwest Illinois is:

QC to Hannibal to Jefferson City to Springfield to Tulsa. Planning on riding down on Saturday depending on weather forecast.

I know that we are all traveling different routes but WM, Dr. Dremel, Keith, and Tom I have all of yours. Hopefully I won't need them until dinner time Saturday night. If anyone else is traveling that way and needs another Cell # lifeline let me know.

Anyone up for a Revo dinner at the Rib Crib some night? :cheers:

Sounds like you've got it figured out. There's just not a good way to get across MO at that angle, even going through Jeff City. So enjoy the two-lane Corn and don't miss your turns.

When you hit Oklahoma, I44 is a toll road, so don't blow by the toll booths, pull off and pay. Some ones ($'s) and quarters can be handy in case you decide to get off at an unattended toll exit/entrance.

If things go to plan I should be in Tulsa Saturday morning, so call if you feel like it when you get in.

I'm up to eat with you guys any time before dark. Some of us Old Guys gotta be in bed early or we'll need a nap the next day. ;)

Ken,

Does Oklahoma accept I-Pass on their toll roads.

Tom

I don't think so. We have a similar system called "Pikepass" but it hasn't worked on any other system I've driven through. Their website didn't appear to talk about accepting other systems.

http://www.pikepass.com/

WM - You can always nap during the stages. We will wake you up when you need to. :yawn:

Just don't forget to bring a blanket so we can lay it over your legs.

That's what I'm afraid of, I'll doze off sometime between "Are you ready?" and "Stand By..."

WM - You can always nap during the stages. We will wake you up when you need to. :yawn:

Reminds me of this:

I remember that day. That was when we all thought Sam was a cute kid, and he missed his afternoon nap. Now he is kicking all of our asses regularly, where does the time go. <_<

Tom

Edited by Tom Mainus

Any attendance updates, moved from waiting list to going?

I took Bwana's list and sorted it by classification.

[

MASTERS

M. Carmoney

K. Ulfers

J-Bag

J. Burkholder

G. Cuttitta

D. Williams

J-Bag, I like it better than ba-bucket bagakis, bag-a-kiss, bucket boy and the others

Edited by TMC

Well, looking at the squad list it looks like there are 39 (THIRTY NINE) revolver shooters signed up !

Better than last year !!!!! :) but not quite the 50 needed to get the goodies from Hopalong, Slflyer, Hearthco, Randy Lee, Keith, and John ! :(:(:(:(

I really HATE that I won't have to buy a nice new SMITH & WESSON revolver and not get to shoot it !!!!! :goof::goof::goof:

Oh well, guess I'll put that $$$$ back to get me a 627 or something................maybe some more parts for the latest "project" bottom feeder ! :surprise:

See you guys Sunday.

Drive Carefully,

Hop

Well, looking at the squad list it looks like there are 39 (THIRTY NINE) revolver shooters signed up !

Better than last year !!!!! :) but not quite the 50 needed to get the goodies from Hopalong, Slflyer, Hearthco, Randy Lee, Keith, and John ! :(

I really HATE that I won't have to buy a nice new SMITH & WESSON revolver and not get to shoot it !!!!! :goof:

Oh well, guess I'll put that $$$$ back to get me a 627 or something................maybe some more parts for the latest "project" bottom feeder !

See you guys Sunday.

Drive Carefully,

Hop

What's the deal of you and Bwana in some squad way far away from the rest of us? :angry2:

BTW: SQUAD 10 ROCKS!!

:cheers:

See you Saturday!

Looks like we have picked up a few more wheel-gunners! :D Looks like we may be up to about 44! :surprise:

GRAND MASTERS

J. Miculek

D. Carden (Kali)

C. Walsh

MASTERS

M. Carmoney

K. Ulfers

J-Bag

J. Burkholder

G. Cuttitta

D. Williams

A-CLASS