Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Peter Principle

revchuck

I've decided this year that I'm going to shoot the Nationals in SSR using my S&W M10. I'm going to shoot the Badlands match in Tulsa and the TX state match for my two mandatory major matches. Since the Nationals range is a short distance from where I attended college, and I grew up not too far from there, it'll be a "going back to the old 'hood" trip as well, with vacation time on the way up and back.

Of course, I needed to make sure my classification is up to date, so today I shot the classifier, expecting to get my usual high SS score. Except, when I added it up...I had squeezed (barely) into EX. Just in time for the year I'm going to Nats. I am so screwed! :wacko: I might even have to get radical now, and maybe practice.

Just what I need - another chance to be at the bottom of the division standing. :P

Good Luck... I too have screwed myself-- or nearly so on the classifier.

While shooting all different types of guns last year trying to earn the five gun award.. I pulled a brand new glock 17 out of my safe that I had never fired. After two mags of white box just to check the point of aim... I shot the classifer. (I hadn't fired any Glock in nearly 3 years)

Well it was just one of those evenings where everything went great and I ended up with a score of 98.94.... which is less than a second off Master class.

That would have put me WAY OVER my head in SSP... and would have screwed up my chance for 5 Gun Expert.

BTW--- I had a total miss on one of the head shots for a 2.5 second penalty.

Chuck, I shot the classifier earlier this month in SSR and ended up on the lower end of SS. Then I figured I'd shoot the 625 in ESR since I had it with me. Just stood up there and shot it, not really concentrating, just going through the motions - snuck into EX with a 119. Good thing I'm shooting SSR this year :)

When did you graduate from Kutztown? That's also the alma mater of one of the best receivers in NFL history.

I'll look you up at Badlands. I'm gonna shoot it for the first time this year.

Jerry

Edited by COF

I must caution you on your language.

Good Luck... I too have screwed myself-- or nearly so on the classifier.

While shooting all different types of guns last year trying to earn the five gun award.. I pulled a brand new glock 17 out of my safe that I had never fired. After two mags of white box just to check the point of aim... I shot the classifer. (I hadn't fired any Glock in nearly 3 years)

Well it was just one of those evenings where everything went great and I ended up with a score of 98.94.... which is less than a second off Master class.

That would have put me WAY OVER my head in SSP... and would have screwed up my chance for 5 Gun Expert.

BTW--- I had a total miss on one of the head shots for a 2.5 second penalty.

When did you graduate from Kutztown?
Jerry - I didn't graduate from Kutztown, but went there my first three years and then changed majors and schools - yeah, that was dumb. Then I ran out of money and joined the Army. I finally got my degree in the same major (French) later on through an "external degree" program. I haven't been back to that area since about '78. I'll be interested to see how much it changed. I wonder if it still has the three girls to one guy student ratio it had back then - and people wonder why I had a hard time studying there... :D

I feel yer pain... albeit from a lower level.

Last year I registered for Nationals as SSP MM. Then somehow shot SSP SS in a classifier in July... so had to shoot SS at Little Rock.

Repeat after me the sandbagger's dictum "Thou shalt not shoot a classifier before a sanctioned match. If you have to, shoot very fast with lost of misses." :)

So you guys are upset because you have to shoot in the division that accurately reflects your ability ? Purposely shanking a Qualifier is unsportsmanlike and rule C-2 should be enforced, I guess a Dishonorable win is still a win in your eyes.

So you guys are upset because you have to shoot in the division that accurately reflects your ability ? Purposely shanking a Qualifier is unsportsmanlike and rule C-2 should be enforced, I guess a Dishonorable win is still a win in your eyes.

I can't speak for the other posters...

but in my case, that one classifier last July is the only time I've shot sharpshooter in SSP.

I shot two classifiers in January of this year, and was down in the 150s each time... and definitely not deliberately.

One classifier may in fact reflect one's overall skill level... or it may be one of those rare good days. In my case, I think it will be another year or two of shooting before I can consistently perform at a sharpshooter level.

YMMV.

Pretty sure they were joking, dude.