Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armscor Hi-cap Standard Pistol

bulm540

Ivan, I have noticed that the Armscor/RIA prices are starting to creep up. Case in point is the new RIA Match .45. My cost at Acusport is like $545. That is getting real close to the cost of a basic Kimber. The Match does have an adjustable rear and FO front. If that gun had a dealer cost of $450-$475 then I would be interested. Not at $545. Retail will be in the $625-$650 range. One can buy a Kimber for that.

Not knocking Armscor, I have a RIA Tactical, but they are not in the same class as my Kimbers. Is this an exchange rate issue?

Edited by Joe D

Ivan, I have noticed that the Armscor/RIA prices are starting to creep up. Case in point is the new RIA Match .45. My cost at Acusport is like $545.

People think that's too much money for an Armscor, yet if you stamp a picture of Texas on the side of the slide, they think they're getting a hell of a deal..... :blink:

Ivan, I have noticed that the Armscor/RIA prices are starting to creep up. Case in point is the new RIA Match .45. My cost at Acusport is like $545.

People think that's too much money for an Armscor, yet if you stamp a picture of Texas on the side of the slide, they think they're getting a hell of a deal..... :blink:

I think the incredible backlog of orders for both the Armscor branded gun AND the STI/Armscor piece show a recognition by the shooting public in general of quality to price point that has long been missing from the (previous) 1911 market. For WAY too long some of the other manufactures (mostly all) have relied more on brand name recognition than on quality with value. :)

Edited to add... And a picture of Texas ( :wub: ) definitely is worth a couple of hundred bucks for any gun... ;)

Edited by Merlin Orr

Come on, Ivan!

Each time a picture of a tuned/trick Armscor hi-cap is posted, it generates lots of interest. I think these guns would sell if given a chance and a little advertising.

If not the complete gun, what about a frame and/or slide combo for building?

That's a good idea Tokarev. I for one would be interested in a frame and slide.

Frames and slides would allow for Limited and Open guns, depending on what the shooter is after. It might even be possible to use the same slide for .40 and .38 Super, depending on breechface dimensions.

How about a group buy for the people on BE, Ivan?

Edited to add... And a picture of Texas ( :wub: ) definitely is worth a couple of hundred bucks for any gun... ;)

(Carmoney thinks to himself): "Hmmm, there's still a few guns out there that Merlin hasn't purchased....if I grabbed up a few of them and put a nice picture of Texas on the side with my dremel, wonder what he'd be willing to pay??"

STI sells the Spartan in that price range!? By all means buy the Kimber if you think it is a better pistol! ;)

Thanks

Ivan

I'm curious about this topic as well. I noticed JoeD's question about whether it might be an exchange rate causing price creep, but didn't see an answer. Do you think that is the reason, or something else? Thanks

Edited by G-ManBart