Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21sf

Singlestack Wonder

I handled one today, along with a regular G21. There is a difference, but not as great as a full blown grip reduction. Glock removed material from the channel area and a little from the front to rear dimension just below the beavertail. The ambi mag release is much more complicated that the G21 releaase. The G21SF mags will swap between both guns. The G21 mag will not work in the SF. You might be able to make them work by cutting a slot.

Don't think I will be buying one just yet.

I saw--and HANDLED...the 21"SF" today at the local "Pusher's" place of busines...IMPRESSIVE! At first, I thought the difference was not worth mentioning, but AFTER handling the "SF" AND a "Regular" 21 side-by-side, it WORKS for my medium-sized mitts. Now, how do I get the Wife to agree to let me buy it??? Paulie686

• 2 weeks later...

I find that my big fat 21 is perfectly suitable for the street. The only time I struggle with it is when attempting fast reloads and shooting one handed standards at 25 to 50 yards. While this gun is certainly not the best for winning an IPSC match I see it as the perfect semiauto for street use and the only auto I'd ever willingly carry. A full size single stack Glock .45 would compliment the lineup nicely but I wouldn't need another gun. Besides, when I go to Smyrna for vacation later this year I'll be carrying my S&W 625, like usual.

Dave Sinko

• 2 weeks later...

A local dealer managed to get one for me. It is closer to the G22 and G35 but the best feature is the ambi mag release. I shot my wat to B Class shooting a G21 and had to shift the pistol in my hand to depress the mag release. It is easy to do this with the trigger finger on the G21 SF while reaching for another magazine. It should be the same for a lefty. The only other good addition for the benefit of the left handers would be an ambi slide release. This one came with the flat slide release on the left side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The fastest way to shoot the 21SF may be to go to a GSSF match and shoot one of their sample guns. Back in July they had a half dozen samples to shoot, it's a nice gun that fits better than the 21 but I don't like the idea of needing different mags. Yes I know I could dremel the ones I have but it is the principal. And the XD still has a better grip angle for the same number of rounds & the SC is the same as a G30.

You don't have to have different magazines if you get a 21SF with the standard mag release (Not sure on their availability at this point, I got mine from a GSSF win and was able to get it with the standard mag release).

Edited by JTew