Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd Trigger Job

00bullitt

Is there any info that anyone can share about doing a trigger job on an XD? I am very capable to do it myself.....just looking for info before I learn how on my own.

I know Rich at Canyon Creek does a fantastic job,but I don't want to send it out and want to do it myself.

Thanks!

Be carefull and good luck.

I rather pay I am capible but there is allot risk involved if you damage the trigger bar good luck finding another.

I think Loves to shoot aka Spring precsion offer to mod you parts for a drop in trigger job

Edited by R/T Performance

Anyone know what happened to the after market parts that Barsto was going to make for the XD. IIRC a couple years ago there was several lengthy threads on the XD forum by someone at Barsto saying that they were due out any day.

Frankly, while I love Springfield I think their policy on spare parts is for the birds and one of the main reasons why I haven't bought another since my first one crapped out repeatedly.

I just did my xd9 tactical the other day. It had a 7 to 8 pound pull! I shot it some to get the parts to wear so I could see the spots to polish. I studied how the trigger and parts worked on the frame just pulling the trigger and watching. I took the entire gun apart and polished the parts that touched. I did the sear and striker and even took out the firing pin and polished the outside of it so it would move smooth in the tunnel. I clipped about 1 to 1.5 coils off the striker spring to lessen it a little. Some of the flat parts in the back part of the frame system I sanded flat with 600 grit to mate better. I polished the outside of the trigger bar where it touches the plastic frame. I polished the striker block button on the sides and the top and clipped 1.5 coils off it too. I also polished the top of the trigger bar bump that depresses the striker block button. After everything polished sanded and put back together the pull was smooth and down to about 4.5 lbs. I am going to leave it alone now and see how it shoots in. My next mod will be to drill and tap for a hex screw to get rid of some of the pre-travel. Looks to be easy, right on the frame where the bend on the trigger bar bottoms out on the frame at the back. I will be awaiting the sears from the above post because I am not adjusting the sear angle...as I do not have a mill! The reduced power springs will be nice too...let us know when they are avail.

Isn't that the gun you can't buy spare parts for?

If they ever start selling parts, I might buy one.

We'll have sears, sear spring and trigger return springs VERY soon...

If they sell, we'll tackle more parts.

Sounds good, but I have spent too many hours on my hands and knees with a flashlight in my mouthing combing the shag rug for a tiny part to ever buy a gun where I can't buy ALL the small pieces..... :wacko:

ROFL!!!

I acutally had one spring go down the stupid heater vent a night before a match. I tore apart the WHOLE room. Then Christine said, "what about the vent?", and I'm like no, it wouldn't go there, an hour later before I checked and guess what, it she was right :blink:

ROFL!!!

I acutally had one spring go down the stupid heater vent a night before a match. I tore apart the WHOLE room. Then Christine said, "what about the vent?", and I'm like no, it wouldn't go there, an hour later before I checked and guess what, it she was right :blink:

It never ceases to astonish me how far a part can go.