Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Summer Blast

slflr

This was a great match as usual. Linda, Larry, and crew did a great job. The stages were challenging and fun. The guys who didn't go missed a good one.

I'm already looking forward to next year.

Cliff

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know why it is called the BLAST! I had a great time and will definately be back next year.

Congrats to Mike Carmoney. You shot a great match. I'd sure like to know how you shot the Farmers Daughter stage.

I wish I could have shot with the top revolver guys, I could have learned alot from watching them.

How old is Sam? This kid has a great future ahead of him.

It was also nice to meet Bob Perdue at the match.

I will make it a point to meet Mike and Sam next weekend at the AWARE.

I really liked the match, the stages were all well done. The staff did an awesome job, there was hardly any delay at the stages, except for one where range equipment gave the RO's a hard time. Congrats to all the winners and special thanks to Linda. See you next year!

I really liked the match, the stages were all well done. The staff did an awesome job, there was hardly any delay at the stages, except for one where range equipment gave the RO's a hard time. Congrats to all the winners and special thanks to Linda. See you next year!

Thanks guys! Sam and I had a great time at the Summer Blast. The fact that 330 shooters participate in this match (including enough revolvers to qualify us for Nationals slots) tells the story about how well this match is done, year after year. Larry and Linda and everybody else--thanks for a job well done. The stages were really challenging and fun, and the atmosphere was just right.

Paul, Sam and I are looking forward to meeting you this coming weekend at Area 7. We're in NYC now, vacationing with the family as we gradually make our way up to VT.

It was great seeing lots of old friends at the Blast, and making a few nice new acquaintances along the way. Good times.

Congrats,

Mike, Sam & Cliff and the rest of the revo guys.

I will see you in Tulsa, Little FFL's cylinder is being cut this week by RL and he can't wait to shoot it.

Mike, he has worn out the trigger dry firing and practice drawing.

david

I'd sure like to know how you shot the Farmers Daughter stage.......How old is Sam? This kid has a great future ahead of him.

Paul, I shot the Farmers Daughter stage very simply--on the buzzer, I ran up to the left window, shot three targets, reloaded and shot three targets out the front window as I traversed around the bed, reloaded and shot the last three targets out the right window. Simple to remember, and none of that swinging back and forth stuff that feels fast but eats up time.... I tried to talk a few others into shooting it that way, but nobody wants to listen.... ;)

Sam's 14. He was pretty pleased with his match, considering he went in with minimal practice, having shot only one club match pretty much all year. His fundamentals are really solid, though, and so far he hasn't picked up any of those bad habits the rest of us have. :) I worried a little bit that when he shot his way into B class at Nationals last year, he would have a hard time competing--there's a lot of pretty salty competition hovering around in B class, y'know. Looks like he's going to do OK.

I'd sure like to know how you shot the Farmers Daughter stage.......How old is Sam? This kid has a great future ahead of him.

Paul, I shot the Farmers Daughter stage very simply--on the buzzer, I ran up to the left window, shot three targets, reloaded and shot three targets out the front window as I traversed around the bed, reloaded and shot the last three targets out the right window. Simple to remember, and none of that swinging back and forth stuff that feels fast but eats up time.... I tried to talk a few others into shooting it that way, but nobody wants to listen.... ;)

Sam's 14. He was pretty pleased with his match, considering he went in with minimal practice, having shot only one club match pretty much all year. His fundamentals are really solid, though, and so far he hasn't picked up any of those bad habits the rest of us have. :) I worried a little bit that when he shot his way into B class at Nationals last year, he would have a hard time competing--there's a lot of pretty salty competition hovering around in B class, y'know. Looks like he's going to do OK.

14! Wow, thats impressive. It wont be long before none of us will be able to touch him.

I figured that might be how you shot the stage.

I drew and shot the one on the left that you could see through the left window as I moved up and shot the other two around the left side of the wall, then I moved to the middle and shot the three out the middle window as I moved towards the window to the right and shot the last three out that window. After I did it I thought about it and decided I should have just gone up to the window like you did.

That was a great stage, I dont think any two guys in our squad shot it the same way.

Blast 2007 was just great.! The York, PA Isaac Walton League range underwent some really dramatic changes to make this year's event "first class". I saw new berms, widened bays and at least one more Porta Potty. Larry Houck designed most stages and I thought, well, it was one nice match!

Cliff.....Great shooting with you, and.......I found a little bitty stainless screw inside my shoe, and I thought it was a pebble for two days. Left the top off the cooler after that brewski. The Tahoe is still drying out. How much water does it take for 5# of ice.?

Coach...( you know who you are ), thanks for the pre-shoot help. Now if I can cut my time in half I might be 17 out of twenty.

Was great seeing Squad 51 shoot. The Carmoney's, Gary Cuttitta, Bob Perdue, Darren et al.

And again, Saturday dinner at San Carlos was: :cheers::cheers:

had a great time,first rate match, good putting face with name. just might have to fly out next time,butt and legs still numb from the long ride

Glad to see you made it home.

'butt and legs still numb from the long ride'...give me back my chaps!

had a great time,first rate match, good putting face with name. just might have to fly out next time,butt and legs still numb from the long ride

Glad to see you made it home.

'butt and legs still numb from the long ride'...give me back my chaps!

If that isn't new 'member title' material for Darren, I don't know what is.

Thanks to all Summer Blast Staff

this is a match that will be on my calander for many years to come

Keep up the Great Work!!!

To Mike congrats on the win

and also to Sam our up and coming Junior

Sam taught me a couple things as well.

Also to all our revo shooters from across the country that made the trip good seeing

everyone and hope to see you all again soon.

Gary

It was a great match.

My only regret was not having any other revo shooters around to play with how to shoot the stages. These guys with 10 to 30 bullets in the gun don't have a clue what we go through.

And sometimes you get a mindset that prevents you from seeing a different plan of attack that only a fresh set of eyes brings out.

That's why I really appreciate having other revo shooters on my squad whenever it happens. The two times I went to the Nationals were great for the opportunity to interact with other good revo shooters. I'm looking forward to September.