Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory Gun Nationals -- Results

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like the top Production guys are shooting the stages slower than the top Lim10 shooters???

Are the holster and mag positions that big of a slow-down?  Wouldn't shooting the softball Minor loads speed up times in Production?

Judging by some of Jarrett's points...looks like he isn't waiting on the A-zone (too much).

Also...many on the top Lim10 scores are coming in with very few points down...but, quite a bit faster than the Production top-dogs.

???

I still believe it's a philosophy thing.

A production shooter has to get more A's and less penalties. Sevigny and Langdon both got hurt pretty bad by penalties on a stage or two.

I know the same can be true for lim 10, but just knowing I get less for Cs and Bs and still get 10 for penalties slows me down a little.

A guy who gets ALL A's and no penalties can run a little slower than a sprayer who gets careless. I believe production makes thius a little more true.

I'm not sure about the triggers being a major factor. The top two double troubles at our last steel match were a Beretta and a Glock. (Flex has FOUND his front sight!)

(And, some idiot with a Beretta and a docter sight managed to beat a REAL 1911 racegun at the same match to win open... )

SA

(Edited by Steve Anderson at 1:46 pm on July 22, 2002)

Results are up on USPSA site, Rob L-10, Todd Prod., And Jerry Revo. I went down there today and observed , alot of shooters having trouble with the humidity. It wasn't too warm in the 90's ( lived in AZ for 12 years anything over 110 is hot to me). Stages  were typical for the Nationals as compared to the last couple of years shoot through this window, port,and doorway, no magic way of gaining time just straight up shooting. More later.

Rob, Todd, Jerry.......

Who woud'a guess it?

Very predictable, but overall it looks like a great 1st time event.  When do you think ESPN2 will air it??

Check out Travis's El Prez HF! Un-human!

How the hell does he do it? :)

I didn't see ESPN there on Monday, if they were there it had to be on Saturday or Sunday or they weren't there at all. One interesting fact is the number of unclassified shooters, lim-10 had the most. This match was announced months in advance, you would think more people would've got classified before shooting it. I heard the match was full but there was only 260+ shooters. Didn't the BOD set the number of slots for a nationals at around 450 awhile back.

Rich

Chris,

Great shooting!!!

Cool that TGO shot the single-stack.  I wondered if The Burner might also go the ss route.  

How 'bout Travis' and Phil's blasters?  

(Edited by Flexmoney at 11:45 am on July 24, 2002)

Thanks.  I shot a Glock 34.  Finished higher than I was expecting and ended up in the shootoffs also.  Made it through the first round, but drew Todd in the second.  Needless to say my day was over after that.  Anyway, I had a lot of fun.   Not sure about the Beretta model Ernest shot, they all look the same to me.  I wasn't paying a lot of attention to what everybody shot, but reflecting back, I'm thinking Phil shot a wide body.  Maybe he and Travis will post and reply.

Just got back from the Factory Nats - away from the Enosverse for six whole days. Withdrawal symptoms now abating. I'll try to address some of your your questions and comments.

"Check out Travis's El Prez HF! Un-human!"

I was there to see it. It was PRETTY. The only guy in the entire match to do a sub-5 second El Prez - 55 points in 4.71 seconds. T absolutely NAILED the load. I wanna be just like him when I grow up. Wait a minute, he's 10 years younger than me....

(Edited by Duane Thomas at 1:47 pm on July 24, 2002)

"I'm not sure about the triggers being a major factor."

Todd won at least one stage with his LDA .40. I talked to him and he said the major factor in his performance with the LDA wasn't the trigger but the mag well. With no mag funnel on the gun, speedloading a Para is kind of like trying to stick a square peg into a round hole. Todd estimates the lack of a funnel in Production cost him at least 50 match points. And he STILL came in, what, 8th overall?

"I didn't see ESPN there on Monday, if they were there it had to be on Saturday or Sunday or they weren't there at all."

After the last stage on Sunday, ESPN filmed Todd shooting one of the more complex stages he'd already shot. Thing is, to get the footage and angles they wanted, he had to shoot it 5 more times. Poor bastard. Temperature on Sunday was around 95 degress, and HUMID; adjusted for humidity the temperature index was 110 degrees. The first-ever Factory Nationals was a test of human endurance as well as shooting. I know Todd was already tired and he didn't really want to do the film stuff, but, as he put it, "I said I'd do it, so I will." That's just the sort of guy Todd Jarrett is.